Anybody's yahoo email go down today?

S281

Reaction score
My brother and I both have droid's and have been sync'd to our yahoo email for a month now. Today both of our droid's quit syncing to our yahoo emails. The settings are the same as they have always been. The wierder thing is that my wife's yahoo mail still works on her droid. And its setup by me, so its also the same as mine. Anybody else having issues today?

pkay

Reaction score
Yahoo IMAP was down on my Droid for a few days with username/password issue but began working again yesterday. POP was working when IMAP wasn't.

OP
S

S281

Reaction score
mine started working again today at about 6pm. but my bro's still doesnt work.

OP
S

S281

Reaction score
i wonder what would be causing the prob, would it be verizon, the phone, or yahoo?

pkay

Reaction score
Was working yesterday, then it stopped working today. Back to the same username/password issue.

marcvoc

Reaction score
Same here. Had username/password issue when I first got the phone just before Thanksgiving, then was working fine until today. I had the 2.0.1 update this morning and haven't been able to connect to Yahoo mail since due to the username/password issue. Power cycling the phone did nothing to resolve it. A friend had the same problem and a power cycle did get it working again for her (she has not received the 2.0.1 update). Very frustrating.

pkay

Reaction score
I just had the OTA 2.0.1 update. Yahoo mail working immediately after update. Probably a coincidence.

pkay

Reaction score
My WiFi is always off. Yahoo mail doesn't always authenticate, even with WiFi off.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've never once had a problem with my yahoo receiving. The mail has always come through. There have been a couple times that one of the mails reappeared on the handset, but once deleted again, it stayed gone.

viperboy

Reaction score
For people having problems... are you using regular Yahoo! Mail? As of a few weeks ago, it is not supported by this phone. Officially, you are supposed to have Yahoo! Mail Plus for it to work. I have NO idea why, but that is what I can tell you. Maybe it had something to do with Yahoo! and not wanting it to work with Google? That is my only thought because there is no logical reason it shouldn't work unless Yahoo! changed their settings intentionally.

In the store, if a customer wants to get Yahoo! on their phone, we have to explain to them it doesn't work and tell them they can upgrade to Plus or forward their e-mail to their GMail account.

OP
S

S281

Reaction score
For people having problems... are you using regular Yahoo! Mail? As of a few weeks ago, it is not supported by this phone. Officially, you are supposed to have Yahoo! Mail Plus for it to work. I have NO idea why, but that is what I can tell you. Maybe it had something to do with Yahoo! and not wanting it to work with Google? That is my only thought because there is no logical reason it shouldn't work unless Yahoo! changed their settings intentionally.

In the store, if a customer wants to get Yahoo! on their phone, we have to explain to them it doesn't work and tell them they can upgrade to Plus or forward their e-mail to their GMail account.

Idk about that.my yahoo is working fine again & I dont have the plus account.I think its possibly a diff issue.