Anybody's yahoo email go down today?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by S281, Dec 8, 2009.

1. S281

S281 New Member

My brother and I both have droid's and have been sync'd to our yahoo email for a month now. Today both of our droid's quit syncing to our yahoo emails. The settings are the same as they have always been. The wierder thing is that my wife's yahoo mail still works on her droid. And its setup by me, so its also the same as mine. Anybody else having issues today?
  2. pkay

pkay New Member

Yahoo IMAP was down on my Droid for a few days with username/password issue but began working again yesterday. POP was working when IMAP wasn't.
  3. jsg7377

jsg7377 New Member

Bump. Same problem today with IMAP

Anyone's working yet?
  4. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

I got emails throughout the day on mine.
  5. S281

S281 New Member

mine started working again today at about 6pm. but my bro's still doesnt work.
  6. pkay

pkay New Member

Mine was still working all day today.
  7. S281

S281 New Member

i wonder what would be causing the prob, would it be verizon, the phone, or yahoo?
  8. pkay

pkay New Member

Was working yesterday, then it stopped working today. Back to the same username/password issue.
  9. marcvoc

marcvoc New Member

Same here. Had username/password issue when I first got the phone just before Thanksgiving, then was working fine until today. I had the 2.0.1 update this morning and haven't been able to connect to Yahoo mail since due to the username/password issue. Power cycling the phone did nothing to resolve it. A friend had the same problem and a power cycle did get it working again for her (she has not received the 2.0.1 update). Very frustrating.
  10. pkay

pkay New Member

I just had the OTA 2.0.1 update. Yahoo mail working immediately after update. Probably a coincidence.
  11. brianr0131

brianr0131 New Member

Turn off your Wifi
  12. pkay

pkay New Member

My WiFi is always off. Yahoo mail doesn't always authenticate, even with WiFi off.
  13. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

I've never once had a problem with my yahoo receiving. The mail has always come through. There have been a couple times that one of the mails reappeared on the handset, but once deleted again, it stayed gone.
  14. viperboy

viperboy New Member

For people having problems... are you using regular Yahoo! Mail? As of a few weeks ago, it is not supported by this phone. Officially, you are supposed to have Yahoo! Mail Plus for it to work. I have NO idea why, but that is what I can tell you. Maybe it had something to do with Yahoo! and not wanting it to work with Google? That is my only thought because there is no logical reason it shouldn't work unless Yahoo! changed their settings intentionally.

In the store, if a customer wants to get Yahoo! on their phone, we have to explain to them it doesn't work and tell them they can upgrade to Plus or forward their e-mail to their GMail account.
  15. S281

S281 New Member

Idk about that.my yahoo is working fine again & I dont have the plus account.I think its possibly a diff issue.
  16. marcvoc

marcvoc New Member

I removed the Yahoo mail account, power cycled the phone, then added the Yahoo mail account again and now it's working. Still just the basic Yahoo mail account, not a paid Yahoo Plus account. Guess we'll see how long it lasts.
  17. S281

S281 New Member

dammit, yahoo email went out again today. WTF, why is it on and off every few days. What a beat down. I wish i knew what the prob was. :icon_evil:
  18. Mojo

Mojo New Member

Again.... The Droid requires a Yahoo Plus account for it to function correctly. I know lots of people have had the free yahoo mail working on their devices. But for a lot of people, they are having issues. A memo was sent out to all VZW retail and agent channels telling us that Yahoo Mail is not supported on the Droid but a Yahoo Plus account will work. I know you had yours working, I even have mine working... but it is what it is. And I don't think there is a lot we can do about it :mad:
  19. 12master

12master New Member

hello,Im having the same problem,and the only way that I get it to work was to turn on wifi,and turn it off again (not matter if is off,you have to cicle it on/off),and I have a non paid yahoo mail account working! try that! beliebe me,Im a experinced droid owner! (on my fourth now,due to usual screen black out,and gps not working)
  20. S281

S281 New Member

I'll try that nxt time .I did a power off/on and now it works again. If it goes down again ill fwd it to my gmail I guess.
Search tags for this page

why did yahoo email go down for 2 days?

yahoo at&t imap down