Anybody ran the Droid Moto battery to dead?

OP
windstrings

windstrings

Reaction score
I see what your saying, just going by personal experience and from the following link..

How to prolong lithium-based batteries

I can see doing it every 300-500 discharges, but not like most people are doing.

Excellent article:.. I took the liberty of posting the highlights:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Simple Guidelines
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] <li style=""> Avoid frequent full discharges because this puts additional strain on the battery. Several partial discharges with frequent recharges are better for lithium-ion than one deep one. Recharging a partially charged lithium-ion does not cause harm because there is no memory. (In this respect, lithium-ion differs from nickel-based batteries.) Short battery life in a laptop is mainly cause by heat rather than charge / discharge patterns.

Batteries with fuel gauge (laptops) should be calibrated by applying a deliberate full discharge once every 30 charges. Running the pack down in the equipment does this. If ignored, the fuel gauge will become increasingly less accurate and in some cases cut off the device prematurely.

Keep the lithium-ion battery cool. Avoid a hot car. For prolonged storage, keep the battery at a 40% charge level.

Consider removing the battery from a laptop when running on fixed power. (Some laptop manufacturers are concerned about dust and moisture accumulating inside the battery casing.)

Avoid purchasing spare lithium-ion batteries for later use. Observe manufacturing dates. Do not buy old stock, even if sold at clearance prices.

If you have a spare lithium-ion battery, use one to the fullest and keep the other cool by placing it in the refrigerator. Do not freeze the battery. For best results, store the battery at 40% state-of-charge.
[/FONT]

OP
windstrings

windstrings

Reaction score
Just so people will know..
1. I did notice as someone has already mentioned.. once you get under 15%, if you charge it and then take it off charge, it will warn you of your battery state and ask you to put it back on charge.
2. I didn't realize it you couldn't call out at 5% or less, I wonder if calls can come in?
3. Once your under 15%, the red light will blink.
4. When your charging at 15% or under, the red light will remain constant.

cuzzinz

Reaction score
Just so people will know..
1. I did notice as someone has already mentioned.. once you get under 15%, if you charge it and then take it off charge, it will warn you of your battery state and ask you to put it back on charge.
2. I didn't realize it you couldn't call out at 5% or less, I wonder if calls can come in?
3. Once your under 15%, the red light will blink.
4. When your charging at 15% or under, the red light will remain constant.

Ya i have noticed this too... but only when i am at work does my phone die so fast and even then... the other night it died... i was on my couch (which even there I still dont get the greatest reception)...and my battery died around 11 or 12 at night. It comes off the charger around 7:30am so we are talking 16 hours or so off the charger in a place with crappy reception and medium usage in the day time and light usage and night.

I see that evil red blinky light very rarely.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've done it once, battery lasted 29 hours and 15 minutes:)

I saw this thread last night and figured I would let the battery run COMPLETELY out to calibrate the power manager. It came off the charger around 7am yesterday (so around 35 hrs) and I'm at 40%...

I will say that I find the system power manager very inaccurate. It's seldom even in the ballpark for my uses (like right now it's showing only 39 min of 'voice calls' but I had a conversation earlier today that (according to the call log) lasted 42 min... Cell standby says that 41% of the time I've had "no signal" but I've not been anywhere that hasn't had a signal (and I know these reset when the phone restarts but it hasn't been turned off since last night).

omally

Reaction score
I fell asleep last night while I was running the Aldiko e-book reader. Bad idea...

Not sure if there's a relationship, but my Touchdown hasn't been working all day. I'll have to reinstall and see what happens.