anybody have any ideas on what kind of apps they want made?

bamfsig45

Reaction score
How about a dailer app like dialer one, but uses the qwerty kb instead of a t9 keypad to filter contacts when typing in letters/numbers?

I miss that feature from my ol' Blackberry.

Have you tried contacting the developer of dialer one to see if that feature can be added in?

Sal R.

Reaction score
Have you tried contacting the developer of dialer one to see if that feature can be added in?

I did. He responded that he was not sure about it, but did comment that it would be an interesting idea.

Who knows...

driodman

Reaction score
make some music apps like a really good paino app that awsome multi touch like the iphone cause all the music apps suck for the android except solo and roboticguitar

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Was just doing some searching and was wondering if by using "Better terminal Emulator Pro" would do the trick. This would allow me to set the alarm to open another App.......I think? Any Ideas?

Not sure what you are looking for, but Kaelor Clock [sp?] has the ability to start playing a music playlist with the alarm.

Anycut and Astro can help create some customizebale shortcuts for what you need, and then I think there are programs that can be triggered to launch those shortcuts with an alarm (like Locale).

notamamasboy

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has mentioned it... but how about a simple missed call widget... I hate the notification bar telling me I have missed calls but not being able to dial back instantly or navigate sufficiently...

Chrisjames

Reaction score
App!

a myyearbook app would be nice for droid. scales app that works would be cool too

smeer

Reaction score
unless i just haven't found it, I'd like a grocery shopping app that both syncs with my home computer and does barcoding and a bonus would be price comparison. I want to be able to work on the list at home or on the road so syncing is critical and i just want the conveniece of being able to barcode an item into my list rather than type it in. couple it with a recipe program that auto inputs ingredients into list and you have a winner.

datatwisters

Reaction score
Hi, I would like to see a simple app for droid. I get into my vehicle and clip droid into my docking station. App automatically would open and ask for mileage and place. It would automatically log date and time. Able to export to a spreadsheet. Also possible read for contact list to suggest place.

datatwisters

Reaction score
Simple Travel Log App

Hi, I would like to see a simple app for droid. I get into my vehicle and clip droid into my docking station. App automatically would open and ask for mileage and place. It would automatically log date and time. Able to export to a spreadsheet. Also possible read for contact list to suggest place.

kenbarnum

Reaction score
I would love to see a few apps:

1) - Multitrack audio recording app - I NEEEEEED this and will pay!

2) - Nightringer app that ACTUALLY WORKS - Love the idea of the app but those developers seem to have given up after releasing a crippling update

***Edit***I realize there are other options but NightRinger had (before the crappy update back in January) editable profiles (work, night, outdoor, etc..) and you could allow certain numbers to ring through. All controlled by either a widget or time. I use a work around of Ring Manager Pro with Weather Widget Silencer but the old nightringer would do all this with one widget.

Last edited:

rmart88

Reaction score
Gesture widget

How about a Widget (1x1 would be awesome, but 2x2 would work) that you could just touch and drag in one of four directions (up, down, left, right) and it would open an app depending on the direction? There are gesture apps out there but they only really do speed dials/texts/search (e.g. Sign, Gesture Search), and they open as a separate app. This would just open the app you have set immediately straight from your home screen (kind of like ADW's Gesture Feature, but I am not using ADW).

kinggilley

Reaction score
This a social app in which people can search for places to go using local category searches (restaurants, bars, theaters, etc.) Once they find where they want to go they can select it and enter in what time they are headed there, and even the duration they might be staying there.

This information will be updated on all their social networking sites (if they so choose), with a link to the location they are going which can be clicked on for further information and directions to that place, so even people without the app can join you.

In the My Plans app you can see a list of all the places your friends are planning to go. You filter the list in different ways so like the most popular place among your friends will appear first, or have your favorite friends appear first, or even have the most popular spot based on total number of people going there (friend or not).

When you click on a place it will show a list of all the people who are planning to go there that night, how many of them are your friends, and even how many people per hour, so you can plan your arrival time accordingly. There can also be more detailed information like phone numbers, hours, menus, specials, events, people capacity, cover price, etc. You can click on directions to get your google turn by turn directions. Also if the place you are going is not in the app, you can add it. You can start off by simply entering the name and address, and any other information you have at the time. Then when you visit the place you can locate it using the gps and enter any other information you learn, and even load pictures of the menu or specials that you have scanned in with your photo scanner.

This allows the app to continue to grow as businesses emerge and increase in popularity. You can also create your own events like birthday parties or weddings and add your own personal touches to it.

You can also set more than one event for that day, but you will need to set times for each event because you cant be in more than one place at a time.

I think this would be an extremely useful app, and I know I would use it.

QMaverick

Reaction score
I would very much like an app that would allow me to use my droid as a remote or controller for the playstation 3 so I don't have to use that ginormous Sony remote to watch movies.

+1 for this

Also, I'd like an Atari 8-bit Emulator...they have SNES, NES, Sega, Sega Genesis, Commodore 64, and someone is working on a Playstation Emu, but I would LOVE an 8-bit emulator for Atari...they exist on the computer, all you'd have to do is port one--I could be wrong, but I think there are some java-based ones.