anybody have any ideas on what kind of apps they want made?

atomicsunset

Reaction score
I would like to see a metacontact app similar to Trillian. So if I have a contact on FB, Twitter, MSN, Gtalk, and their phone number I can just have one notification app that allows me to reply to them in one app, instead of having all of the above mentioned (and the other ones out there) always up and running. Xperia's X10 has the "timescape" app which is great start, but I'm not sure I want to downgrade to 1.6 just for one app, no matter how sweet it is

bje1982

Reaction score
i am hoping to develop some android apps very soon. My dad is a software developer for ibm. He was on the front lines when java was new and has been working with java ever since. He has offered to help teach me java and we will be developing apps together. We have an idea for an app he wants to make but i am drawing a blank trying to think of other good ideas of what to make.

So if anybody has any ideas, i'd like to hear them.

tv out app !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this techincally applies as an app, but I want to be able to see my battery's percent remaining (10% intervals are fine) WITHIN the battery. Battery indicator does what i'm asking but it puts a second battery on the status bar and I don't like having crap all over my status bar. I wonder how hard that would be...

SimonVerdad

Reaction score
a grocery app

I need an app that takes a grocery list and tells me where the best price for that list is. Can you do that?

Darkbmx76

Reaction score
I would like an app that would allow you to write down homework assignments, and have the number of assignments you need to do recorded in the notification bar. This would always remind you to do your homework (instead of screwing around with your phone =p) and when you complete an assignment you can open the app and delete that assignment, reducing the number of incomplete homeworks in the notification bar. Sorry if this is confusing. lol. Thanks!

gszeman

Reaction score
A messaging app that has ALL of your messages in it. SMS, MMS, e-mail, g-mail.
If you click on the messages icon it opens up one spot where you can view, create, reply, forward, etc. To differentiate between the messages, a specific icon would be placed in front of the message.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

droijo

Reaction score
1. App to allow moving/transferring/duplicating already set screens (shortcuts, widgets, etc) to another screen.
2. To add to above, make this possible on different launchers/homes too.
3. An RSS widget reader that is 4x4 which allows custom feeds! I can't for the life for the past month find one at all except for the one from freshface, which the pap doesnt work for droid.

Mamaperk

Reaction score
Not sure if its even possible but I would love to see an app that backed up installed apps and their settings ... I hate having to re install apps one by one with app brain and then customizing each and every one after installing new rom, factory data reset, etc.

Sent from my MotoDroid using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
3. An RSS widget reader that is 4x4 which allows custom feeds! I can't for the life for the past month find one at all except for the one from freshface, which the pap doesnt work for droid.

This has been the source of my recent frustration to perfect my droid - so close!

I have a few workarounds that I don't much care for:
1) free executive assistant can show RSS feeds linked to my gmail (and all other messages, but you can set-up a 4x4 widget to show RSS on your homescreen). Downside is I don't like the font/layout, and clicking brings up a nice reader, and you have to click again to get the stories.

2) BlueRSS is very nice, but only a 4x1 widget (but will rotate through the stories like the google news widget)

3) RSS large widget is 4X2 and is by far my favorite. Shows 3-4 stories at a time, clicking launches a nice reader where you can scroll through all stories and then launch individually for full piece. Problem is it seems to refresh only every 4 hours or so, and the refresh buttons don't work. Also, only 1 feed per widget. Fix at least the refresh and that's the money option (I have 8 of these bad boys in the mother-of-all SweeterHome themes).

A full screen reader widget would be ideal, maybe linked to google reader or something. Why does this not exist? My only guess is, prior to recent explosions in expanded home screens, it didn't make sense to devote time to RSS widget taking up that much real estate.

Last edited:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
A messaging app that has ALL of your messages in it. SMS, MMS, e-mail, g-mail.
If you click on the messages icon it opens up one spot where you can view, create, reply, forward, etc. To differentiate between the messages, a specific icon would be placed in front of the message.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

1) Executive assistant (free)
2) Pure messenger widget (like $3).

Both are excellent with slightly different functionality. Pure messenger, at least, integrates multiple gmail and imap/pop accounts, including corp mail through K9 (which is very tricky for many to set-up).

I'm using Pure messenger and have gmail and corp mail in a widget. That widget also shows incoming SMS and I get transcribed voicemails via Google voice thru my gmail. It can also show twitter and facebook, but I have a separate widget for twitter and don't use facebook (I like my mail widget primarily for important unread emails and SMS).

Flyinw

Reaction score
I love docking my Droid and using it as my alarm clock and now with the Sirius/XM App. it would be great to have my alarm set to open the Sirius/XM App. instead of playing some song or sound on the phone. Making the Droid a true Alm Clock Radio:)

Flyinw

Reaction score
Was just doing some searching and was wondering if by using "Better terminal Emulator Pro" would do the trick. This would allow me to set the alarm to open another App.......I think? Any Ideas?

Sal R.

Reaction score
How about a dailer app like dialer one, but uses the qwerty kb instead of a t9 keypad to filter contacts when typing in letters/numbers?

I miss that feature from my ol' Blackberry.