anybody have any ideas on what kind of apps they want made?

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Have another one. How about a simple screen capture app for non rooted. If Home++ can incorporate it into their launcher there might be a way to do a stand alone screen cap.

pyro6128

Reaction score
I need to figure out how to put this in the phone for a live wallpaper: Has to be live

search the market for droid eye live wallpaper. It has exactly what you want.

But in response to the op, if you could make an app to record phone calls, that actually works, you would be able to make a some decent money off of it. There are a lot of people that want it and there are really no apps that do it in a satisfactory manner. I think it would be cool if the app would pop up when you receive a call and ask if you want to record it, or maybe it places a record button on the call screen. That would be amazing. Another feature that would be cool would be if you could set it up so if you receive a call from a particular number, it automatically records. I know you're still learning and prob wouldnt be able to get this going soon, but I figured I would throw some ideas your way. Good luck with any other apps you're currently making, be sure to update us on anything you create.

danielsirpoop

Reaction score
app ideas

I would like to see an app to vary the intensity and length of the vibrate mode. Make extra vibrate profiles for call and message notifications. I can't ever feel the vibrate on my droid bc It's too short.

suzibrownsfan

Reaction score
a variation on this one:

But in response to the op, if you could make an app to record phone calls, that actually works, you would be able to make a some decent money off of it. There are a lot of people that want it and there are really no apps that do it in a satisfactory manner. I think it would be cool if the app would pop up when you receive a call and ask if you want to record it, or maybe it places a record button on the call screen. That would be amazing. Another feature that would be cool would be if you could set it up so if you receive a call from a particular number, it automatically records. I know you're still learning and prob wouldnt be able to get this going soon, but I figured I would throw some ideas your way. Good luck with any other apps you're currently making, be sure to update us on anything you create.

I'd like one that would capture saved voicemails on the SD card. I have several voicemails that I keep re-saving on my Verizon VM that I'd love to have in a safer place. Nothing shady - they are from someone very special who is deceased. Sometimes, I just want to hear his voice.

Let me know if you attempt this.

Jcshannon05

Reaction score
the famous stick figure fighting game

I know the Iphone has the game. Dont' know whats its called. My buddy has it. Some stick figure karate fighting game. It rocks.

pyro6128

Reaction score
I'd like one that would capture saved voicemails on the SD card. I have several voicemails that I keep re-saving on my Verizon VM that I'd love to have in a safer place. Nothing shady - they are from someone very special who is deceased. Sometimes, I just want to hear his voice.

Let me know if you attempt this.

I'm not sure how possible it is, but google voice lets you save your voice mails online, and and from there you can keep them archived online, or download them. Now your voice mail is already on verizon's network, but maybe it is possible to get a google voice account (I have an invite if you would like one), then have that voice mail forwarded to your google voice voice mail number. That way you wouldn't have to worry about ever losing those important vm's. Maybe someone at verizon would be able to tell you if you could forward it or do something to that effect.

chrisnoxid

Reaction score
How about a small app that will allow you to set default different keyboards based on screen orientation:icon_ banana:

Example: I LOVE Swype when I'm in portrait mode because of the one hand operation but when I'm in landscape mode I find the HTC keyboard more convenient.

will definitely look into it. thanks! :)

Best app idea on here!

Being able to just set preference for two keyboards would be great. I- like many users, don't use the physical keyboard.. selecting the input method everytime I turn the phone is equally as ridiculous as using swype in landscape.

OP
jasonb

jasonb

Reaction score
thanks guys. i'll keep you guys updated on anything that i end up doing. but like stated earlier, i'm still a total noob and learning all this is seeming to be a long process.

thanks for the ideas though. some of these i will definitely try to do.

Varking

Reaction score
Wild West themed Tower Defense game or a Facebook RPG like Mob Wars but Wild West themed with achievements and all that. Rockstar Games made a Red Dead Redemption game for Facebook but will not port it to mobile platforms.

Jcshannon05

Reaction score
My wife uses Genbook on her computer for making online appointments for her business. I know that the iphone has an app for Genbook. I know she would love to see this hit android.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
A decent app that will lock the droid and requires a password to unlock...something simple but customizable as well if the end-user so desired...Lock 2.0 and LockBot are there but something more stable is needed.

Magdroid

Reaction score
I would like an app that lets you place a multiple contacts on your home screen in the form of a widget. (Kinda like HTC does with their sense UI). There are some on the market, but non of them work correctly. Except Contacts! Widget, but that dev stopped working on that thign a long time ago..and it's buggy as all heck.

blumer

Reaction score
I'm looking for a baseball scorebook app, I love to keep score during games and I also NEED it for my son's baseball games, he's on a travel ball team and plays every weekend. iscore is an amazing app that does this, but its only for the iphone. I contacted the developers and they refuse to do anything for the droid. Its baseball season and I guarantee that this app would sell. Build this ASAP please!!!

I've got one coming. I'm hoping to have it in the Market within the next couple weeks. I'll post back to this thread when it's available: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/9400-baseball-score-keeping-app.html#post409196