anybody have any ideas on what kind of apps they want made?

Discussion in 'Android App Developers' started by jasonb, Mar 31, 2010.

1. ddawn1989

ddawn1989 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    an app for android for local police reports that dont make it to the newspaper or tv!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

2. Simply Applied

Ratings:
    +2
    Just saw this. We are currently working on making Sign work to open apps/shortcuts so you will be able to assign any gesture (unlimited) to an app or shortcut and open it by drawing the Sign.

3. chewy74

chewy74 Active Member

Ratings:
    +16
    What about a Google voice app thats offers more customization. The current app doesn't refresh enough and sometimes I won't get txt or vm notifications until 3 hrs later. The native gv app just doesn't work...

There's no other gv apps to choose from. So it would be nice to get a few gv apps out there to choose from

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

4. DLAndroidUtility

DLAndroidUtility New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow nice post here

5. Blayzn

Blayzn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure if it's possible or not, but it would be incredibly useful to people like me that are visually impaired. How about an on-screen magnifier? There are many apps that I can't use (like Facebook, Gmail, and many other apps that use text). I have tried to find something like that ever since I got my Droid over a year ago, but with no luck. I would even pay for an app like that.

6. jasno

jasno New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay I'm going to give you my idea that I think could make a killing. I don't know how to make it so here it goes. I don't know if you remember the old school calculator gaming handheld devices that kids used to have in the 90's. Mine had an NBA logo on it and you could play stupid little games and do calculations etc... One of the features was it allowed you to send messages to another device I guess through infra red I dunno... but we would use to cheat on tests. I think it would be cool to design and app that people could have turned on at the bar lets say, that would allow someone to send a flirt message accross the bar without knowing your number. Obviously both people would need the app turned on but I think it would be kinda cool. "Buy you drink?" There is an app I'm sure you've heard of called bump that I think uses similar technology. Also an FLV DLNA player I posted a thread about that up top.

#186 jasno, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  7. jasno

jasno New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    also...

A truley universal remote would be sick the ones out there suck. I have the fios remote which is cool but I can't turn off my tv with it.

How bout an app that allows you to stream your itunes library or windows media player or whatever over 3g and 4g to your phone. There is an app right now called phone my pc I think its amazing its a simple dl and play remote desktop app but it doesn't support sound. You can just email yourself a song but I want to save room on my phone and I'd much rather just stream the songs. They say they are working on sound, but if you could design an app with no copyright restrictions like the current wifi itunes streaming apps that works over 3g and 4g that would be sick!

Also an app or pluggin that allows you to fast forward videos when you have them in full screen mode I was able to do that on my motorola droid but I can't on my tbolt. Maybe use the volume buttons to fast forward and rewind cus using the touch screen to move forward and backwards is annoying and causes pop ups on certain sites. If there is an app for this already somebody please let me know thanks.

#187 jasno, Apr 7, 2011
  8. jasno

jasno New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Moai FLV Player

Moai FLV Player will play them I just wish it could stream to DLNA TVs....

#188 jasno, Apr 7, 2011
  9. jasno

jasno New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Documents to Go Full

10. Hobn

Hobn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Java emulator?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

11. elitecmdr666

elitecmdr666 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    one thing i been looking for is a equalizer widget, but so far no luck i say start there

12. kingsman

kingsman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Please give us a Memo app like what I had in my Palms. And a "Contacts" function that searches favorites too.

Search tags for this page
android apps need to be made
android apps that need to be made
android apps that should be made
app ideas that have not been made
apps need invented
apps that need to be invented

apps that need to be made

apps that should be made
apps wanted to be made
what apps need to be made