Anybody got v.8?

cowboydroid

Reaction score
I hope he takes his time releasing 0.8. Doing what he does doesn't happen overnight. I would rather him take his time and get everything right than releasing a rough draft. Of course there are still going to be some bugs. But the sooner he gets it done the better :).

I would enjoy that as well. I would also enjoy if he or others would stop putting out "probable release dates" every time the last one passes up. If he's not going to release it last night, the night before, or tonight, just stop suggesting when it will be released. Nobody likes that, and it's unprofessional. I don't mind if it's released now, or ten days from now, just that it's released when it's ready.

stangdroid

Reaction score
I updated my toolbox and v.8 is in there but it won't let me download it. getting error 404. Anyone else getting it?

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
I would enjoy that as well. I would also enjoy if he or others would stop putting out "probable release dates" every time the last one passes up. If he's not going to release it last night, the night before, or tonight, just stop suggesting when it will be released. Nobody likes that, and it's unprofessional. I don't mind if it's released now, or ten days from now, just that it's released when it's ready.

People want to know when releases are going to happen, so we give them rough estimates. Then something comes up, so we push it back. Products constantly are announced with release dates and then pushed back. I mean, how long have people waiting for Duke Nukem Forever?

But I feel you, so instead of waiting for jrummy, I went and updated the nightlies in the toolbox. Enjoy.

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
I would like to know if there will be the option to download theme through the TB again like we have with the 1.5 and 2.0 Rom?

As soon as the rom hits 1.0 and is the full release, we'll begin supporting themes in the toolbox. Right now, I think we are changing things a little too rapidly and we don't want to officially link people to a product that could be out of date since our last update.

We're also going to be offering some themes done in-house so that they'll be guaranteed to work with full support from the team. At the moment, color variations are planned. So take the default Liberty theme but instead of yellow, it could be blue/red etc. I understand people don't like our choice of yellow for the default and we're going to try and cover everyone with a broad selection. I do not have a release schedule for this, just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Last edited:

vaphinfan13

Reaction score
1badlt1, it is very common to have your dropdown read 0.6. make sure you are set to receive updates in your Liberty settings. You can also use the Liberty Customizer to change the dropdown text.

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
So, in the toolbox update, there is a dsp manager in the settings section. I'm not too familiar with this and when I click it, it says it's not installed. Could someone please expound on this?

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7-Droid addict

It's part of 0.8 and the toolbox was updated to support it.

I updated my toolbox and v.8 is in there but it won't let me download it. getting error 404. Anyone else getting it?

If everyone is finding 0.8 in there, chances are that the server is slammed beyond its capacity, hence the error.

kvnhmmd

Reaction score
So, in the toolbox update, there is a dsp manager in the settings section. I'm not too familiar with this and when I click it, it says it's not installed. Could someone please expound on this?

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7-Droid addict

Same here. Anyone know how the dsp manager gets installed?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

kvnhmmd

Reaction score
Every time I reply with a question, you already answer it, lol. Thanks.

thepsyntyst

Reaction score
Anyway for a mirror? :) if not i'll just have to be patient

Telexen

Reaction score
I was getting the 404 error, but hit the menu button and selected "Reload list", now it's downloading.