Anybody else's DX crashing hard?

monocogger

Reaction score
I just picked up my Droid X this morning and I've had to pull the battery 3 times due to unresponsiveness. I tried waiting for a while in hopes that it would fix itself but it never did. Now my screen has gone black (no lights no nothing) and neither the power button nor the menu buttons do anything. I tried pulling the battery and it still won't turn on. I hope this thing isn't dead already.

Update on the original post:

I connected it to an AC charger and all is well with the world. I think I had just too much going on at one time (reinstalling all the apps I had on my old phone). Now that it's got a good charge it's fast and smooth again. I hope it stays that way. I'll keep you all updated. Thanks for the replies.

Last edited by a moderator:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just picked up my Droid X this morning and I've had to pull the battery 3 times due to unresponsiveness. I tried waiting for a while in hopes that it would fix itself but it never did. Now my screen has gone black (no lights no nothing) and neither the power button nor the menu buttons do anything. I tried pulling the battery and it still won't turn on. I hope this thing isn't dead already.

Take it back. Droid does not crash like that and doesn't require battery pulls.

sphen22

Reaction score
Running like a chamP!!!! God i love this phone!!!

Darkseider

Reaction score
Aside from the obvious question.. have you charged it FULLY using the AC adapter? The next question is did you install any applications? If so which ones? Any Launcher replacements?

Humpa

Reaction score

Take it back. Droid does not crash like that and doesn't require battery pulls.
I've had to do two battery pulls since I got mine Tuesday. Once it was in my pocket so who knows what was going on in there. And the other time was after using 3G Hotspot.

Mark_Venture

Reaction score
Mine has powered off by itself.

And the apps in the drawer don't always auto arrange alphabetically, so that requires a power off/on to fix.

Bishop73

Reaction score
I have not had any issues like this. I have installed apps, including LauncherPro and everything is running smoothly.

chuckycharms

Reaction score
YUP!! I am having the same issues. Picked up my Droid X this morning, and after a few hours of pounding on it , it rebooted. Then did it 3 more times. The third time it didnt come back up, and wont turn on, even after a battery pull. I am coming from a Blackberry Curve, which was a rock, so not sure what to expect or what todo...

chuckycharms

Reaction score
I must add, i have installed a few apps, but nothing extreame, and I have left the factory boot loader intact. Just installed a few apps from the market.

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
No issues to report on mine... although I just picked it up about 2 hour ago. Loaded apps no issues but did NOT try any launcher apps like launcher pro, ADW so that maybe the issue not too sure

By the way this phone = awesomeness!!!

OP
M

monocogger

Reaction score
Update

YUP!! I am having the same issues. Picked up my Droid X this morning, and after a few hours of pounding on it , it rebooted. Then did it 3 more times. The third time it didnt come back up, and wont turn on, even after a battery pull. I am coming from a Blackberry Curve, which was a rock, so not sure what to expect or what todo...

Update on the original post:

I connected it to an AC charger and all is well with the world. I think I had just too much going on at one time (reinstalling all the apps I had on my old phone). Now that it's got a good charge it's fast and smooth again. I hope it stays that way. I'll keep you all updated. Thanks for the replies.

car guy

Reaction score
I had similar issues, h owever it appears to have been a dead/low battery. I couldn't get it to turn on at all. After I charged, I had no issues.

Moonson

Reaction score
me too

My droid x has crashed hard a couple of times too. First time had to remove the battery, second time it wouldn't do anything, dark screen etc, but after a few minutes rebooted, working ok. Will try ac charger the next time if available. Anyone know why this is happening...?

nacho220

Reaction score
I'm having this same issue of restarting for no reason at all it seems. Probably 8-10 times (at least that I saw...could have done more times I dunno). I'm currently reading up on what people have posted on here and came across this thread. I am just contributing that I am having the same issue. I have also started my own thread about this. Some people here asked if the individual who started this thread had any home launchers installed. I installed about 5 of them and am using the home switcher to try each of them out and see the differences. I have about 3 months of experience with an Android phone and I did not understand a launcher app, but after reading a bit I figure I'd try them out again. This restart thing seemed to have started around the time I DL'd a number of them, but I don't know for sure. It started maybe a little over a week ago. Oh wow, it JUST did it as I was typing this post. Well...yeah so I don't know. I wish there was a way to tell what is causing the crash. I have many many apps on my phone and it would be a pain to uninstall and wait around to see if it stops because of the app I uninstalled and reinstalling all the apps. Hopefully someone out there knows exactly whats going on! Thanks for reading.

CrashF16

Reaction score
Search all of the forums...it's a problem w/ some phones. If you still have issues after a factory reset, you probably want to get a replacement phone as soon as possible. It may get fixed w/ the 2.2 update, but the earlier you get a replacement the easier time you'll have getting a new phone rather than a refurb.