anybody elses ADW suck?

tominabox1

Reaction score
+1 for the local.prop fix. works like a charm. almost wonder why Google didn't do this as default.

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you do the echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 > /data/local.prop command in terminal emulator it will solve pretty much all the redraw issues with any of the launcher programs.
Agreed. But I did notice that once I was starting to get lots of redraws when my battery was really low and at the time had no way of charging till the following day.

keyblade

Reaction score
Its been LP for me ever since the scrollable widgets... I just love them, I don't know why. Was a huge ADW fan before that.

is fLockscreen out of beta yet? I've heard a bunch of people talk about it.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
ADW supports scrollable widgets. I hope so at least or I am really hallucinating with my agenda widget. Now it could be my past haunting me...but I'm fairly sure it's not the latter.

dberezin

Reaction score
Click on System Persistent in ADW Settings end of redraw problem. At least for me.

Same here.

I was a big fan of Launcher Pro (used the paid version), but it kept redrawing when going back to the home screen. I gave ADW a shot and that has been working great. I have had no redraws.

Not that ADW is bad or lacking, but I really liked the customization in LP.

Diab210

Reaction score
If you do the echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 > /data/local.prop command in terminal emulator it will solve pretty much all the redraw issues with any of the launcher programs.

does this have any kind of negative impact? Like running out of system memory when your messing around with other apps?

tominabox1

Reaction score
My guess is it will cause other apps to close more often, though i have not noticed anything myself.

litso

Reaction score
Been running with this mod for quite some time, as well as having compcache enabled and I've not had any discernable issues.

RevivaL

Reaction score
I've always used the lp paid version. had a slight redraw problem at the beginning, but did a fix and i have no problems with it. just wish i could find some better docks without using the stupid app that cost whatever it does

velocity92c

Reaction score
LP blows ADW away, and once Fede finishes building it from the ground up instead of writing it on top of Google's home screen code, it will blow it away in every aspect, including performance.

wingdo

Reaction score
LP blows ADW away, and once Fede finishes building it from the ground up instead of writing it on top of Google's home screen code, it will blow it away in every aspect, including performance.

I am very happy for you and your opinion.

ADW has a MUCH smaller memory footprint, and it's source is available for devs to use and modify.

RobStemen

Reaction score

I love your opinion, but after using both the Plus version and ADW, I can say that LPP is competitive with ADW. Better? I say no, but it's competitive. Free version isn't even close to competitive. When Fede finishes the new LP, I'll try it and make a judgment then. However, ADW is very largely more customizable, faster, smoother, better organized, it's themeable, it's open-source, Ander is a better developer AND a really nice guy (I won't say anything about Fede, but Ander is a nice guy). I'm sorry, but for now ADW is better. And with no evidence behind your opinion, you have no real base, so I appreciate that you not come in with your hot topics trying to start an argument with no evidence to speak of.