Anybody else ready to kick their Bionic to the curb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdgxray

Reaction score
I have had the bionic for 2 months and it has worked ok...but after 2 updates it works very well. Thinking of getting the lapdock to take with me on trips...very nice phone.

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
I just picked up my phone two weeks ago, so no, I'm not quite ready to kick it to the curb. The phone's working great for what it is. It's not perfect, but then again neither is any phone and it has it's quirks, but that's the nature of Google phones. I remember blowing my lid the first couple months I had the D1. Once they got the software figured out the thing turned out to be the best phone I've owned. Time will tell about the Bionic, but I see no reason why it won't suit me for the next couple of years.

It's pretty funny reading all the comments on phones. Doesn't matter which phone it is, people absolutely love them, can't find a single thing wrong, until another new phone comes out, then they use every excuse in the book to justify ditching their old phone to get the new one. If you really want a new phone, just go get it, after all, it's only a phone!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
After months of waiting for the release and all the hype....

You do realize that the device that was cancelled months ago (Motorola Etna) is a totally different phone from the one that was released (Motorola Targa), right?

The only thing that is the same is the device name. They just reused the Bionic name, it's a completely different unit. The Etna was supposed to be Tegra 2 powered. The Targa is OMAP4430 powered. So the months of waiting brought us a superior device with a more up to date chipset. For example, my Tegra 2 device (Dell Streak 7) fails some of the OpenGL ES 2.1 tests on GLBenchmark. The Bionic passes them all.

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
Thats cool..but go hang out on the I4 forum and rave about it. Why would you come to this forum and ***** if you dont have the phone anymore?
My son has the I4 and i think its crap...but i wont hang out on his forum and bash it.

I hang out here because I'm also a Droid user. I happen to like both, whats the problem with that. But as I'm entitled to my opinion sam as everyone else I'm going to voice as such, just like you and everyone else. I always say i don't like moto's because i think blur is very intrusive, but thats just me. Like i said, just cuz the bionic didn't work for me, does not mean that no one else will like it. Jeez, relax and get off my koolaid.

vachick

Reaction score
Not me! I've had my Bionic since early October and still love it. The only real issues I've had have been due to Verizon's network (the now infamous data drops), but since they're still working out the kinks it doesn't faze me too much. No problems with the handset itself that were deal breakers. I came from Droid 2 Global, not rooted, and haven't regretted it. :) Hubby had a pretty bad case of "phone envy" (he had a Droid X). We had looked in to i4S, but no removable memory, no removable battery, and limited to itunes knocked that out of the running. Guess who did an early upgrade last night and came home with a new Bionic for himself? :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

destes37

Reaction score
.901 hasnt fixed my data problem. I believe it is all on the network side. Big red needs to step up and make their network "the most reliable" as they claim.

mamawm

Reaction score

destes37

Reaction score

Droid3720

Reaction score
Still loving my bionic. The network issues have been a real pain, but atleast it's not the bionic's fault. Well... Mostly not. The build quality on this beast is great. I dropped it hard enough to pop the battery cover and the extended battery off. After I finished screaming in terror, I calmly put my bionic back together and it started right up. Only has a tiny scuff by the power button. My friend's cat knocked her iphone 4s (in a case) off a table and cracked the screen. Love my beast of a phone.

Droidram56

Reaction score
My only gripe is with the 4g going out, but that is a network problem. The device has been awesome.

wilboy

Reaction score
Nah..i lav my Bionic like how i lav my wife,the only difference was..I spend much more time w/ my Bionic than my wife!:D

eagle0554

Reaction score
My internal memory is full and my sd card has 25 gb free but my says sd full? Im so lost... anyone else having these issues???

Zregnier

Reaction score
I couldn't be happier with this phone! It does seem like most developers have moved on to newer phones, which sucks, but right now this phone does everything I want and does it very fast. Just waiting for an ICS ROM...

C

ctalley316

Receiving 3rd Bionic tomorrow...

Frustrated is not even close!
I can't even get 3G signal most of the time.
No data "ALOT".
They are sending my 2nd replacement tomorrow. 3rd actual Bionic!
I travel coast to coast. Was in Dallas TX and couldn't even get 3G.
Anyone else having these issues?? :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.