Anybody Else Out There That Loves Their Bionic?

B

bens42608

Well I plan on getting the extended battery tomorrow(hope it's still half off) and this will be the deciding factor to me whether I made the right decision. If the battery is as good as the reviews I've read and I can use 4g all day w/o going dead then as far as im concerned Bionic blows razr out the water. It wouldn't even be a fair comparison after that. But I wont know till I give it a try...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

gatecitycanes

Reaction score
I love mine. I've had it about a month and haven't made any major issues. I was tempted to give the iPhone a try with my upgrade but when they announced a 3.5 inch screen that killed it for me.

Droid3720

Reaction score
I love my Bionic. This thing is a monster. Fast and plenty of storage. The camera is hit and miss. Sometimes the pics are horrible, but usually pretty good. I'm looking forward to ICS.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
I have had the extended battery since day 1 when the bionic cameout. It is a major improvement in battery life. But you can use heavy usage on 4g all day and the battery will last you most of the day. But it depends on how your settings on the phone are. Meaning, do you leave data delivery on, screen brightness, auto sync email accounts. For me I have none of those things on and my screen brightness is 1/2 way. I can get through the whole day with heavy usage on 4g all day. Is it worth the $25. Hell yes it is.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

deduct

Reaction score
I have gotten up to 25 hours with extended battery. Keep in mind that 7 hours of that was standby while i slept. But thats still 18 hours of moderate use on 4g entire time. Its nice that they are finally coming out with new cases that work with extended battery as well.

rumblee1

Reaction score
Absolutely. Love mine.

ebourlet

Reaction score
I love my bionic. Having a phone with the extended battery that fits all the docks without having to remove the case, with this kind of horsepower rocks!

Actuallee

Reaction score
I have had the extended battery since day 1 when the bionic cameout. It is a major improvement in battery life. But you can use heavy usage on 4g all day and the battery will last you most of the day. But it depends on how your settings on the phone are. Meaning, do you leave data delivery on, screen brightness, auto sync email accounts. For me I have none of those things on and my screen brightness is 1/2 way. I can get through the whole day with heavy usage on 4g all day. Is it worth the $25. Hell yes it is.

You speak the truth

Markee

Reaction score
Loved my bionic... Swapped it for a Razr today... Not sure I did the right thing, but no going back... Ask me in 30 days...

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Loved my bionic... Swapped it for a Razr today... Not sure I did the right thing, but no going back... Ask me in 30 days...

Just out of curiosity, can I ask why?

davelisa3210

Reaction score
I'm happy with my phone. I have owned the og Droid,incredible , envy, thunderbolt , iPhone,Droid x, and now the bionic. We have 3 lines and I get all the upgrades. The worse by far was the thunderbolt. It was a blunder from day one until I rooted it then sold it. Hear this people ! All phones are going to have something wrong, your going to always be missing something another phone has that makes you not like yours so much. Outside of my connectivity issues my bionic is fine. Don't make a difference anyway, my daughters upgrade date is next month and I'm buying the galaxy nexus.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Fokkerdmr

Reaction score
Came from a DX. Love my Bionic. Have the extended battery. I did a whole day skiing on Endomondo with bluetooth HRM and GPS active with music playing and got 5 hours of active use time on it. Today, skipped Endomondo, but listened to Google Music all day for 8 hours and battery was down to 80%. Fantastic. Love the speed of the Bionic, so much better than my DX was. I've had a few (2-3 odd flakiness issues) with data, but thats in the same physical location as my DX would barely get 1xRTT, so I'm not worried. Camera IQ isn't all that great, but I haven't played with it much, nor tried other camera apps that might be able to process the pics better. Anyhow, can't wait for the OTA update, hope it'll add a bit more polish to the Bionic.

Fresnodog

Reaction score
Loving the bionic so far but the camera is pretty bad.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Had the Bionic on launch day. Could not get it activated after 4 SIMS and numerous call and visits to the store. Gave up and took it back. Got the RAZR on launch day and it just wasn't for me. So I gave the Bionic another shot. My original plan was to "rent" it until the first of the year and get the Galaxy Nexus. But gotta admit I have become really attached to the Bionic. The screen looks great. It is zippy as all whatnot. And outside of the data drop I have had zero issues. Gonna be a hard decision now.

Markee

Reaction score
Came from a DX. Love my Bionic. Have the extended battery. I did a whole day skiing on Endomondo with bluetooth HRM and GPS active with music playing and got 5 hours of active use time on it. Today, skipped Endomondo, but listened to Google Music all day for 8 hours and battery was down to 80%. Fantastic. Love the speed of the Bionic, so much better than my DX was. I've had a few (2-3 odd flakiness issues) with data, but thats in the same physical location as my DX would barely get 1xRTT, so I'm not worried. Camera IQ isn't all that great, but I haven't played with it much, nor tried other camera apps that might be able to process the pics better. Anyhow, can't wait for the OTA update, hope it'll add a bit more polish to the Bionic.

Interested to know if you were in a 4G or 3G area... If 3G this would help battery life... 4G tends to use more battery (in my opinion)...