Anybody Else Out There That Loves Their Bionic?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by deborah3756, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Mike8016

Mike8016 Member

Ratings:
    +17
    I love my bionic. I put the extended battery in and I love it. The bionic is probably the best phone on the market

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

2. cbrmike

cbrmike Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If the OTA will fix all the issues and the phone does what it made to do I will hold on to mine untill it flatout does not work anymore.

3. briguy503

briguy503 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did the update that brought me to version 5.7.893 and my phone is awesome! The official update should be out soon, and make it snappier. Don't forget about ICE CREAM SANDWICH! Love my Bionic!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

4. GiovanniTheToker

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey bro...u still got the bionic for sale? I have a friend that wants one.. I also got the .893 update and all is well. Perfect bionic and I love it. Jus let me know if u still have it for sale..

5. JayMonster

JayMonster Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Except for those that are so stuck on having the "absolute latest" I don't understand what the knocks are on the Bionic. OK, the camera. That is pathetic (and hopefully fixable with a firmware update). But otherwise it is just as good (if not better) than any other Android phone out there right now. Including the Razr. (I make fun of iFans for having a phone with a sealed battery, there is zero chance I am then going to go out and buy a phone with the same design flaw.)

6. unbesorgt

unbesorgt Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I'm loving my Bionic. Bought it on release day and have never had the data drop issue at all. Coming from the OG Droid, it's fast as hell and better in almost every way. I've only experienced three minor issues, and they have workarounds:

1) Installing apps to the "Media Area" partition results in strange behavior; workaround is to keep all apps installed to the phone partition instead
    2) Occasionally Android will falsely report "Not enough storage" when installing an app; workaround is to keep trying (it always works after a few tries)
    3) Initial shutter lag on the camera; workaround is to install a third-party camera app if it bothers you (personally I don't care)

Hopefully these will all be fixed by the upcoming OTA. I'm currently unrooted but will eventually root, debloat, etc., probably after ICS is released.

Battery life is an issue on all 4G LTE phones with current tech. I just keep a charger handy at work, and if necessary I'll switch to CDMA-only mode which is good for 12+ hrs.

No regrets here! :)

7. mikeyd08

mikeyd08 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Love my bionic does everything my OG DROID did but faster

8. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t Senior Member

Ratings:
    +114
    Current Phone Model:
    Z Force
    Said it before, I'll say it again, I love my Bionic more and more every day.

Some will probably take this the wrong way, but I think it really comes down to a matter of patience. You either can hold out for the update, or you need something now. Alright, for the handful of super extreme business men who rely desperately on their phone to survive, then I can under the Bionic being a horrible investment. However, overall, for the majority of the population, if you can handle the occasional data drop until the OTA, then I think you'll be left with a great phone that is extremely future proof. Nothing out there is infinitely better than the Bionic, even the "Dr. Dre's Beats" or whatever it's called supposedly isn't that much better than stock Bionic, AND it only works with the stock music player anyways.

Point is, if you absolutely need a phone, then I don't blame you for wanting to switch. If you can live without it but are constantly on here wanting a Razr/Nexus/Battlecruiser, then I don't think you'll ever be happy...

9. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +319
    Beats is a gimmick, and trust me I've used the heck out of both phones. Now, the headphones that come with it are ok... I know there are better Beats headphones out there. But as far as the sound, it's a slightly over-bassed equalizer that you have no control over and (as you stated) only works on the stock music app. I use the "bass punch" media effect setting (also disable surround) on my Bionic and it sounds as good as, if not better than, the Beats system, and it's system wide. Beats has almost become a negative in my mind b/c of that limitation, b/c the sound is very subpar without it activated.

10. dressagerider

dressagerider New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I absolutely love my Bionic! Coming from 5 bad charges, the bionic is great.

I have had lots of smartphones, including iPhones, and the bionic is by far the best. I love the speed, call clarity, and screen. I have not encountered the data issues some have mentioned with the bionic but all 5 charges constanlty lost data and dropped calls.

The bionic is truly a great phone!

11. FunN4Lo

FunN4Lo Member

Ratings:
    +20
    My Bionic has been awesome. I live in a strong 4g area, but I never work in the same place twice traveling in and out of 4g. I had a lot of the 4g/3G hand off issues in the beginning dropping data completely. Figured out a few work arounds. But over the last couple of weeks there have been zero issues. Almost like it finally learned a hand off/switch routine . Rock solid data and fast as greased lightning

12. sjflowerhorn

sjflowerhorn Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I dig it like a shovel baby! Can't wait for oc module

Search tags for this page

is any body in the world bionic

is there anybody in the world bionic

worx wheels beast