Anybody Else Out There That Loves Their Bionic?

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
I to luv my bionic. This is actually my 3rd bionic. First one, I had on launch day. I dealt with the connection issues for couple months then I was finally fed up with it. Returned it. Got a recertified one. That one was worst. Still had dropped data also the phone was running really slow. Apps opening up slow and also texting was slow on it. I did a factory reset on both the internal and sd card. Still no luck. Got my 3rd bionic yesterday. And its been very good with the data and also running very zippy. No more slow testing and apps opening up slow also.

In all. I love my bionic. I think once the ota update rolls out and ics on the way to. It will be a solid phone just like the DROID X. I am also loving the extended battery I have had since day 1, along with the tpu case for the extended battery. I can easily get 30-48 hrs of usage on a full charge with moderate use. The only time I ever turn on the data delivery is when I am going to down a app on the market. The is probably the best phone I have owned next to the DROID X.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I am very happy with the phone since I got the extended battery (got to have it).

Definitely have to agree with that! Not having the extended battery was a joke. Having it actually makes it useful. You can actually do what you want when there isn't an outlet within 2 feet. Love it.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
though fwiw, the battery life on the bionic has been better for me than the razr or rezound, though the rezound was comparable

cjsmoove

Reaction score
I'm loving this phone as well. I woudn't even consider getting the Razr over thew Bionic and I'll have to wait to see what the Nexus is looking like in person but most likely I'll be keeping this untill my 2 year contract is up....:icon_ lala:

Mike8016

Reaction score
I love my bionic. I put the extended battery in and I love it. The bionic is probably the best phone on the market

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

cbrmike

Reaction score
If the OTA will fix all the issues and the phone does what it made to do I will hold on to mine untill it flatout does not work anymore.

briguy503

Reaction score
I did the update that brought me to version 5.7.893 and my phone is awesome! The official update should be out soon, and make it snappier. Don't forget about ICE CREAM SANDWICH! Love my Bionic!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score
Hey bro...u still got the bionic for sale? I have a friend that wants one.. I also got the .893 update and all is well. Perfect bionic and I love it. Jus let me know if u still have it for sale..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

JayMonster

Reaction score
Except for those that are so stuck on having the "absolute latest" I don't understand what the knocks are on the Bionic. OK, the camera. That is pathetic (and hopefully fixable with a firmware update). But otherwise it is just as good (if not better) than any other Android phone out there right now. Including the Razr. (I make fun of iFans for having a phone with a sealed battery, there is zero chance I am then going to go out and buy a phone with the same design flaw.)

unbesorgt

Reaction score
I'm loving my Bionic. Bought it on release day and have never had the data drop issue at all. Coming from the OG Droid, it's fast as hell and better in almost every way. I've only experienced three minor issues, and they have workarounds:

1) Installing apps to the "Media Area" partition results in strange behavior; workaround is to keep all apps installed to the phone partition instead
2) Occasionally Android will falsely report "Not enough storage" when installing an app; workaround is to keep trying (it always works after a few tries)
3) Initial shutter lag on the camera; workaround is to install a third-party camera app if it bothers you (personally I don't care)

Hopefully these will all be fixed by the upcoming OTA. I'm currently unrooted but will eventually root, debloat, etc., probably after ICS is released.

Battery life is an issue on all 4G LTE phones with current tech. I just keep a charger handy at work, and if necessary I'll switch to CDMA-only mode which is good for 12+ hrs.

No regrets here! :)

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Said it before, I'll say it again, I love my Bionic more and more every day.

Some will probably take this the wrong way, but I think it really comes down to a matter of patience. You either can hold out for the update, or you need something now. Alright, for the handful of super extreme business men who rely desperately on their phone to survive, then I can under the Bionic being a horrible investment. However, overall, for the majority of the population, if you can handle the occasional data drop until the OTA, then I think you'll be left with a great phone that is extremely future proof. Nothing out there is infinitely better than the Bionic, even the "Dr. Dre's Beats" or whatever it's called supposedly isn't that much better than stock Bionic, AND it only works with the stock music player anyways.

Point is, if you absolutely need a phone, then I don't blame you for wanting to switch. If you can live without it but are constantly on here wanting a Razr/Nexus/Battlecruiser, then I don't think you'll ever be happy...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Said it before, I'll say it again, I love my Bionic more and more every day.

Some will probably take this the wrong way, but I think it really comes down to a matter of patience. You either can hold out for the update, or you need something now. Alright, for the handful of super extreme business men who rely desperately on their phone to survive, then I can under the Bionic being a horrible investment. However, overall, for the majority of the population, if you can handle the occasional data drop until the OTA, then I think you'll be left with a great phone that is extremely future proof. Nothing out there is infinitely better than the Bionic, even the "Dr. Dre's Beats" or whatever it's called supposedly isn't that much better than stock Bionic, AND it only works with the stock music player anyways.

Point is, if you absolutely need a phone, then I don't blame you for wanting to switch. If you can live without it but are constantly on here wanting a Razr/Nexus/Battlecruiser, then I don't think you'll ever be happy...

Beats is a gimmick, and trust me I've used the heck out of both phones. Now, the headphones that come with it are ok... I know there are better Beats headphones out there. But as far as the sound, it's a slightly over-bassed equalizer that you have no control over and (as you stated) only works on the stock music app. I use the "bass punch" media effect setting (also disable surround) on my Bionic and it sounds as good as, if not better than, the Beats system, and it's system wide. Beats has almost become a negative in my mind b/c of that limitation, b/c the sound is very subpar without it activated.