Anybody else having trouble with the update?

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Restored back to a stock 2.2 rooted and the bar goes about 1/3 of the way through and it doesnt work.. download the update.zip and it wont even start

bigdog9586

Reaction score
Nope, mine is and has been stock. I just don't see why everybody is rooting when they know it can be a big problem with updates. When it gets to where they no longer give me updates then I will weigh the pluses/minuses to rooting.

the5barrons

Reaction score
Nope, mine is and has been stock. I just don't see why everybody is rooting when they know it can be a big problem with updates. When it gets to where they no longer give me updates then I will weigh the pluses/minuses to rooting.

Ir's asinine to weigh in on rooting when you don't know what it's like to play with full control. There is always going to be an upgrade coming and the next best thing on the horizon...so, I guess you'll never root then huh?

Getting back to stock is of no issue.

OP, why not just unroot completely, then upgrade, then reroot. Yes, people say that it shouldn't be a problem to be rooted and complete the upgrade...amd maybe it's something else that is holding up your progress...but it shouldn't be a problem to go about unrooting, upgrading, and rerooting. Just sayin'.

maderschramm

Reaction score
if you want to update you could sbf flash your phone, that would return it to stock and then you could update from there

OP
andylulzyou

andylulzyou

Reaction score
if you want to update you could sbf flash your phone, that would return it to stock and then you could update from there

I'm actually in the process of downloading the stuff to do that.. but I am very very very very nervous.. have never done anything like this before..

is the file like 245 mb and named the gift 2?

Also I updated to 2.2 via OTA and my bootloader is 3003 ... is it still okay for me to flash the 2.2 Full sbf

Last edited:

maderschramm

Reaction score
See my signature for complete, easy to follow instructions. Should make the operation very painless :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
andylulzyou

andylulzyou

Reaction score
See my signature for complete, easy to follow instructions. Should make the operation very painless :)

Okay RSD Lite is recognizing my phone and I'm not even in bootloader is that a good thing? And do you think you could answer my previous question? You probably posted before you saw my edit.

maderschramm

Reaction score
Please read the whole tutorial before asking questions, but yes. 30.03 is ok. And id say its good because then you know the drivers work. Don't try to flash elsewhere than the bootloader though

Tune

Reaction score
Andy,
Did you ever get this fixed and installed?? I used Ryanz's zroot and since can not install the newest software.

It just does what yours does... loads 1/3 of the way and reboots, only to tell me it failed.

Any help would be great!

Tune

Reaction score
Got this to finally work, I had forgotten that I changed the name of a bunch of bloatware. Had to reactivate it then it went through fine.

Now, if I could just get the root back.

amavit

Reaction score
I used z4root to reroot my droid after updating. Worked on the second try

OP
andylulzyou

andylulzyou

Reaction score
I'm glad you got it to work.. I had to SBF to update.