1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Anybody else have a problem with their phone rebooting/Verizon Navigator?

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by jpd, Jul 26, 2012.

1. jpd

jpd New Member

Had a weird thing happen tonight. I was on my phone and it started doing some automatic updates including updating Verizon Navigator. It got done downloading it and started installing it when the phone froze, and rebooted. A few seconds after the reboot was done, it started downloading Navigator again, and then froze and rebooted. It did this several more times while I was trying to identify the problem. Once I realized what the problem was, I quickly went to the Play Store and Verizon Navigator and unchecked automatic update. The phone worked normal after that.

Anyone else experience anything similar?
  2. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

3. jpd

jpd New Member

thanks for the link. Glad it is a common problem and not something with my specific phone.
  4. Natey2

Natey2 Active Member

Android reboots itself for many other reasons too. You can verify this by checking your system uptime (Settings / About / Status / Up time), or by using an app called "Reboot Logger" http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=be.watana.rebootlogger which keeps track when your device secretly rebooted.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk
  5. TWC42

TWC42 New Member

But this is a glitch in the update to VZ Navigator. I've experienced it on my Rezound, MBM experienced it, the OP experienced it, as has several others. I suspect a lot more Rezound users would chime in, but if one is visiting this site with Google's Chrome, they may be getting the warning message that they could get a virus using this forum.

This time, the Rezound is rebooting as a direct result of the crappy, untested update put out by some incompetent VZW programmer.
  6. LoudRam

LoudRam Well-Known Member

This is just one more reason why I have both VZ Nav and automatic updates disabled.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.
  7. Iggy08

Iggy08 New Member

I get this when trying to update or uninstall the VZ navigator. Sad to know it's not just me. Does anyone know if a factory reset fixes this? I don't use it but that update indicator is getting annoying
  8. jpd

jpd New Member

Ironically I've never used Verizon Navigator or have and any desire to. I think I briefly looked at it two years ago on my Incredible but they wanted money to use it. Needless to say with Google Navigator there was no need to use it. Definitely something i would uninstall if I could.
  9. MJKneuro

MJKneuro New Member

On my rezound with the .10 ics leak, I don't have the option of disabling navigator, only uninstalling updates.
Search tags for this page
verizon droid reboots

verizon navigation not working

verizon navigator problems
verizon phone reboots when called
verizon phone restarting
vz navigator issues
vz navigator restarts

vz navigator stopped working