Anybody else disappointed?

Jeffyo

Reaction score
I'm surprised there isn't a big dev presence for this phone unless there is another forum anyone knows about. I played with it today and liked it a lot. But I'm a rom nerd so its also important to me to be able to mod it the way I want. I don't like sense, coming from the Eris. I like vanilla the best.

hbgirl1968

Reaction score
I just got the incredible 4g and love it so far. I came from the droid x and didn't want a bigger screen anymore. I'm loving ICS as well. It was a bit of a learning curve, but nothing that overwhelms an original droid user...

I'm saddened also there isn't more press on this little phone, but the s3 took the air time along with the impending new iPhone.

Jeffyo

Reaction score
hbgirl1968 said:
I just got the incredible 4g and love it so far. I came from the droid x and didn't want a bigger screen anymore. I'm loving ICS as well. It was a bit of a learning curve, but nothing that overwhelms an original droid user...

I'm saddened also there isn't more press on this little phone, but the s3 took the air time along with the impending new iPhone.

I have the D2 but it has been a real dissapointment. The only saving grace is I have root and a decent rom. I like the idea of the S3 or a GN but the screen size turns me off of it as soon as I play with it. I don't like apple so the 4G may be my future phone. The only thing that would stop me is lack of dev support.

ALDO101T

Reaction score
Inc4g devs

We have the best devs on the planet in the inc4g community, all we need is s-off or unlocked bootloader, which will come in time

smrivera80

Reaction score
I'd read the reviews about this phone on various tech sites, and I perused the user reviews on Verizon's site. Coming from the Incredible 2, this is a welcome upgrade and I've been using the phone for a week at this point. I think the screen is beautiful, the movement and animations are smooth and fast, and the 4G speed is wonderful. In areas where 4G is not available, the transition to 3G is seemless; something that was always a problem with my Moto Bionic and was the reason I went BACK to the Incredible 2 after upgrading. I find the camera to be excellent, as good as any smartphone I've used before. For the price, this is an excellent phone.

Hask12

Reaction score
Satisfied

I"m an original Dinc owner, for whatever that's worth. Had the phone for almost two years until Verizon destroyed it with an upgrade. I think my only real complaint with that phone was that you just couldn't see the screen when you were outdoors in the sun. Fortunately, working nights and sleeping during the day made that feature a lot less annoying then it could have been. In their effort to appease me Verizon sent me the Incredible 2. Nice phone except it didn't always run smoothly and the sound quality when actually using the phone part of the phone was in my opinion miserable. To make a long story short Verizon said pick out a 4G phone. Of course my first choice was the Samsung S3.. Why not, it's Verizon's flagship phone. My criteria's were basically that the phone ran smoothly, it was well made, sound quality was good, clear and loud since I have a hearing problem, and after handling the phone size. I need a phone that will slide smoothly in the front pocket of my jeans. I don't need a high tech phone for what I do, phone calls text messaging web surfing etc. The Samsung was just too damn big. Don't want a phone that I have to carry on my shoulder. The Samsung is also a lot of hype. Too many features on the phone that just don't seem to work properly or so ihave read.
I have had the incredible 4g now for 3 weeks. Runs without a hitch, excellent sound quality and the size is perfect for me. Since big phones seem to be popular now the 4G may never be a big seller. Who knows. But this thing does everything i want it to do. As word gets out that this is a solid phone then who knows maybe sales will go up. But right now the catch phrase is Samsung galaxy. Samsung just dropped the price on that to $149. Apple wants it yanked from the shelves and they may get their wish. I think Samsung may be making a last ditch effort to sell as many of them as they can before the plug is pulled.
Still in all the 4G suits my purposes and I really appreciate that it works without a hitch, so far, day after day.

Last edited:

hbgirl1968

Reaction score
I agree. The fact this phone came out within days of the s3 meant it would get overshadowed. I still have no complaints after almost a month of use. Still loving this phone!

Nyobie

Reaction score
Same here. I'm just waiting to be able to gain S-OFF so I can run the stock rooted ROM with Ad Blocker to kill ads.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Is this phone still on ICS?
Any more updates to how you guys are liking it?

I am pretty Anti-HTC after being a big fan for awhile. Mainly because we never got ICS on our Dinc2.
But then I saw this phone in the VZW store. I think the screen is GORGEOUS.
I am with you guys that I don't want a freaking 5 inch phone.

So anymore stuff you 4G'ers want to share?

And to the MODS: why is this in the ORIGINAL Incredible forum?

Reaction score
The phone still has ICS and hasn't been updated in a while. I don't mind the lack of updates because I don't need the latest and greatest software. If I did want the latest and greatest I would get a new phone.
The screen is nice, not the number 1 screen out there, but for a 4 inch Android phone the screen is fantastic.

I love the phone. I've had it since it's release on July 5th. I sometimes think I want a bigger phone like the HTC One (if it, or a variant of it, came to Verizon) because I like to play a few games on my phone and the bigger screen would be better for that. However at the end of the day I remember that I wanted a smaller phone that I can use with one hand instead of 2 hands. The phone has great battery life and easily lasts me all day with medium - heavy usage. It has an sd slot, removable battery, and you can customize it however you want. If you want a new phone I would give this phone a try.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
My contract is up in 2 weeks.
I am also not one of those "got have the latest update" kind of guys but I absolutely must have JB on my next phone only for "Google Now". The Voice app thingy. I have that on my tablet and will not get a phone without it now.
I wouldn't even by annoyed that my Dinc2 never got ICS if HTC didn't announce it WOULD get it.

vet2be

Reaction score
Other than being ticked off every time the Android OS has an upgrade, it messes something up and I lose functionality, no. The latest thing I have lost is the progressive volume alarm, where the alarm volume starts out low and gets louder until it is turned off.