Anybody else disappointed?

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible 4G' started by KayIslandDrunk, May 10, 2012.

1. woodsie

woodsie New Member

You couldn't be more correct. This is the exact reason my fiancee is waiting for this phone. 4.3" and up is just too big for her tastes.
  2. KayIslandDrunk

KayIslandDrunk New Member

Not so sure I'd admit that in public.
  3. joshnichols189

joshnichols189 New Member

You guys know this is basically a One S for Verizon right? People who think the S4 isn't a HUGE improvement over S3 or other processors need to read up. S4 is based on Cortex A15 and a 28 nm process which blows the Cortex A9 (Tegra 3, S3) out of the water in terms of efficiency and speed. A15 is such a huge improvement that it holds its own against the quadcore Tegra 3 which is a Cortex A9 processor. It's incredibly snappy and even with Sense on the S4 is hard to slow down.

You don't even need more than 1GB of RAM on a phone, and it isn't "last year's specs" when every phone this year (save for maybe the US S3) is going to have 1GB of RAM. The quadcore S3 has 1GB of RAM, and it runs just fine. It seems some people don't understand that when you get to a certain point, adding things on isn't a huge upgrade. Just like how the Cortex A9 quadcores aren't a huge upgrade over dualcore A15's. More is not always better.

This isn't meant to be a flagship phone, it is meant to be a middle of the road phone just like the One S, because that's basically what it is minus ImageSense and form factor. The screen looks just fine. It's no "HD" screen but there's nothing wrong with it for what it is.

Also the talk of "I wonder if Verizon did this to sell more iphones" is nonsense. Does anyone here even look at phones on other carriers?

By the way, the One S has amazing battery life, so if the S4 can manage LTE as efficiently as hoped, this will too.
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
  4. woodsie

woodsie New Member

Oh yeah? Got a "little" problem you are trying to keep a lid on? :D
  5. MeganLeigh1122

MeganLeigh1122 New Member

I'm disappointed because this phone isn't out yet! It got announced by Verizon almost a month ago and they haven't been saying much (maybe I'm looking in the wrong places) about it since then. I read end of May or early June...

Call this wishful thinking but could the delay in the release be to add ImageSense? That'd be nice.
  6. vet2be

vet2be New Member

At least two tech sites that have already gotten their hands on it say that this is not at the level of the One series. And I don't get why this couldn't have been a flagship phone for Verizon, even with a smaller screen.
  7. KayIslandDrunk

KayIslandDrunk New Member

Its more a shock to us original Incredible owners because that phone was a flagship top-of-the-line Verizon android phone.
  8. vet2be

vet2be New Member

Exactly. The original DInc was one of the Droid flagship phones that was Verizon's answer to the iPhone on AT&T. What was its debut price with a 2-year contract -- $299? I was able to get a killer deal on it because it had been three years since I got a new phone (so I got an extra $150 off) and I waited about a month after it had been released, but it was still on back order when I got it, and there was even a delay in shipping that got me an extra $25.00 gift card.

Again, I prefer a smaller 4-inch screen, but everything else on the phone should be cutting edge, and apparently, with the exception of the S4, it won't be. I'm still using my original DInc even with its cracked screen (I dropped it on concrete a couple months ago) so when the Inc4G finally comes out, I'll definitely be one of the first in line to check it out, and I hope that it blows me away. I'm not one to buy a new phone every two years (unless my screen is cracked), so I want to buy the best phone available, because it will be a long time before I upgrade.

As for looking at phones on other carriers, I do read reviews of them. Verizon customers pay a premium for service, and I do it because of the reliability of its network, but considering that it is the most expensive carrier, Verizon should be carrying the best phones.
  9. combatmedic870

combatmedic870 Well-Known Member

This....
    More ram will eat up battery as well.

If this phone is released tomorrow. It will be the most powerful phone on vzw.
    Not bad for a mid tier phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  10. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

All I know is....just for the chance of a more stable LTE experience with the newer LTE tech, and for the chance at better battery life because of new LTE and cpu hardware....I will probably be adding this to my family plan. It cant be no worse than my experience with the Rezound...which after 2 I barely like. And I thought battery life on the Rezound was good....contrary to alot of posts I see. I always factored in the 1.5Ghz cpu.

After comparing my Droid X1, RAZR, Rezound, G Nex....screen res isnt even that big a deal to me. Pentile isnt even that big a deal. I have yet to see anywhere where either one made a major difference for me. Colors, blacks, contrast, outdoor viewing, viewing angles do tho....for me.
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  11. Jeffyo

Jeffyo New Member

I'm surprised there isn't a big dev presence for this phone unless there is another forum anyone knows about. I played with it today and liked it a lot. But I'm a rom nerd so its also important to me to be able to mod it the way I want. I don't like sense, coming from the Eris. I like vanilla the best.
  12. hbgirl1968

hbgirl1968 New Member

I just got the incredible 4g and love it so far. I came from the droid x and didn't want a bigger screen anymore. I'm loving ICS as well. It was a bit of a learning curve, but nothing that overwhelms an original droid user...

I'm saddened also there isn't more press on this little phone, but the s3 took the air time along with the impending new iPhone.
  13. Jeffyo

Jeffyo New Member

I have the D2 but it has been a real dissapointment. The only saving grace is I have root and a decent rom. I like the idea of the S3 or a GN but the screen size turns me off of it as soon as I play with it. I don't like apple so the 4G may be my future phone. The only thing that would stop me is lack of dev support.
  14. ALDO101T

ALDO101T New Member

Inc4g devs

We have the best devs on the planet in the inc4g community, all we need is s-off or unlocked bootloader, which will come in time
  15. smrivera80

smrivera80 New Member

I'd read the reviews about this phone on various tech sites, and I perused the user reviews on Verizon's site. Coming from the Incredible 2, this is a welcome upgrade and I've been using the phone for a week at this point. I think the screen is beautiful, the movement and animations are smooth and fast, and the 4G speed is wonderful. In areas where 4G is not available, the transition to 3G is seemless; something that was always a problem with my Moto Bionic and was the reason I went BACK to the Incredible 2 after upgrading. I find the camera to be excellent, as good as any smartphone I've used before. For the price, this is an excellent phone.
  16. Hask12

Hask12 New Member

Satisfied

I"m an original Dinc owner, for whatever that's worth. Had the phone for almost two years until Verizon destroyed it with an upgrade. I think my only real complaint with that phone was that you just couldn't see the screen when you were outdoors in the sun. Fortunately, working nights and sleeping during the day made that feature a lot less annoying then it could have been. In their effort to appease me Verizon sent me the Incredible 2. Nice phone except it didn't always run smoothly and the sound quality when actually using the phone part of the phone was in my opinion miserable. To make a long story short Verizon said pick out a 4G phone. Of course my first choice was the Samsung S3.. Why not, it's Verizon's flagship phone. My criteria's were basically that the phone ran smoothly, it was well made, sound quality was good, clear and loud since I have a hearing problem, and after handling the phone size. I need a phone that will slide smoothly in the front pocket of my jeans. I don't need a high tech phone for what I do, phone calls text messaging web surfing etc. The Samsung was just too damn big. Don't want a phone that I have to carry on my shoulder. The Samsung is also a lot of hype. Too many features on the phone that just don't seem to work properly or so ihave read.
    I have had the incredible 4g now for 3 weeks. Runs without a hitch, excellent sound quality and the size is perfect for me. Since big phones seem to be popular now the 4G may never be a big seller. Who knows. But this thing does everything i want it to do. As word gets out that this is a solid phone then who knows maybe sales will go up. But right now the catch phrase is Samsung galaxy. Samsung just dropped the price on that to $149. Apple wants it yanked from the shelves and they may get their wish. I think Samsung may be making a last ditch effort to sell as many of them as they can before the plug is pulled.
    Still in all the 4G suits my purposes and I really appreciate that it works without a hitch, so far, day after day.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  17. hbgirl1968

hbgirl1968 New Member

I agree. The fact this phone came out within days of the s3 meant it would get overshadowed. I still have no complaints after almost a month of use. Still loving this phone!
  18. Nyobie

Nyobie New Member

Same here. I'm just waiting to be able to gain S-OFF so I can run the stock rooted ROM with Ad Blocker to kill ads.
  19. PereDroid

PereDroid Well-Known Member

Is this phone still on ICS?
    Any more updates to how you guys are liking it?

I am pretty Anti-HTC after being a big fan for awhile. Mainly because we never got ICS on our Dinc2.
    But then I saw this phone in the VZW store. I think the screen is GORGEOUS.
    I am with you guys that I don't want a freaking 5 inch phone.

So anymore stuff you 4G'ers want to share?

And to the MODS: why is this in the ORIGINAL Incredible forum?
  20. MeganLeigh1122

MeganLeigh1122 New Member

The phone still has ICS and hasn't been updated in a while. I don't mind the lack of updates because I don't need the latest and greatest software. If I did want the latest and greatest I would get a new phone.
    The screen is nice, not the number 1 screen out there, but for a 4 inch Android phone the screen is fantastic.

I love the phone. I've had it since it's release on July 5th. I sometimes think I want a bigger phone like the HTC One (if it, or a variant of it, came to Verizon) because I like to play a few games on my phone and the bigger screen would be better for that. However at the end of the day I remember that I wanted a smaller phone that I can use with one hand instead of 2 hands. The phone has great battery life and easily lasts me all day with medium - heavy usage. It has an sd slot, removable battery, and you can customize it however you want. If you want a new phone I would give this phone a try.