Anybody else disappointed?

t35rk

Reaction score
KayIslandDrunk said:
I disagree, just because the resolution is higher doesn't mean your icons have to be smaller. Icons do have the ability to change size you know.

Not to mention that the iPhone has a resolution of 960 x 640 on a 3.5" screen. You're telling me that you can't get 720p on a screen that's a half inch larger? Not to mention I don't hear too many iPhone kiddies screaming about icon size.

I agree, but think you are getting to Hung up on stats. Just because a screen is hd doesn't make it better than one that is not. The Rezound's screen definitely has flaws. Blacks aren't too black, is an energy hog, poor outside, pinkish background, not bright enough etc. I favor my Dinc 1's lcd over it.

You need to wait and see it with your own eyes.

shockracer

Reaction score
I'm not impressed with the Dinc 4g, and I came from the Dinc1 and 2. To much hype on the S4 chip, all that chip does is allow Verizon to put more bloat Sh!t on it then they do right now. For the Dinc 4g to even have the Incredible name it should have had at least 1080p, 1.5 or 2 ram, and a 10mp camera. In my book it is a big failure, and if HTC put out phones that have old technology (like the IPhone) they are going to be bottom barrel company, I'm vary disappointed in them!:rating00:

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
We learn now that this phone wont have the latest imagesense technology, so is this the same camera that is on the Rezound, or is the Rezound a better camera? (Dual flash is definitely an advantage)

vet2be

Reaction score
Count me among those disappointed. A couple of months ago, I began searching for info on the Droid Incredible 4G LTE and was very impressed and excited by the specifications I found. Now it seems that Verizon has taken what the phone was originally going to be, and souped it down. I actually prefer a smaller 4-inch screen, so as long as it's as sharp as HD resolution is on a bigger screen, that it is not HD won't bother me. What does concern me is that it seems like it will have an inferior camera, and that it won't have an abundance of RAM. I have to wonder if Verizon did this to get more people to buy the iPhone 5 when it comes out.

Caesars

Reaction score
No offense to anyone,, but the stuff we read/talk about in this thread doesn't matter to a majority of the customers lol. I would assume this phone is a 4g alternative to the other GIANT screens that many people just don't want in a phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

woodsie

Reaction score
Caesars said:
No offense to anyone,, but the stuff we read/talk about in this thread doesn't matter to a majority of the customers lol. I would assume this phone is a 4g alternative to the other GIANT screens that many people just don't want in a phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You couldn't be more correct. This is the exact reason my fiancee is waiting for this phone. 4.3" and up is just too big for her tastes.

Reaction score
You guys know this is basically a One S for Verizon right? People who think the S4 isn't a HUGE improvement over S3 or other processors need to read up. S4 is based on Cortex A15 and a 28 nm process which blows the Cortex A9 (Tegra 3, S3) out of the water in terms of efficiency and speed. A15 is such a huge improvement that it holds its own against the quadcore Tegra 3 which is a Cortex A9 processor. It's incredibly snappy and even with Sense on the S4 is hard to slow down.

You don't even need more than 1GB of RAM on a phone, and it isn't "last year's specs" when every phone this year (save for maybe the US S3) is going to have 1GB of RAM. The quadcore S3 has 1GB of RAM, and it runs just fine. It seems some people don't understand that when you get to a certain point, adding things on isn't a huge upgrade. Just like how the Cortex A9 quadcores aren't a huge upgrade over dualcore A15's. More is not always better.

This isn't meant to be a flagship phone, it is meant to be a middle of the road phone just like the One S, because that's basically what it is minus ImageSense and form factor. The screen looks just fine. It's no "HD" screen but there's nothing wrong with it for what it is.

Also the talk of "I wonder if Verizon did this to sell more iphones" is nonsense. Does anyone here even look at phones on other carriers?

By the way, the One S has amazing battery life, so if the S4 can manage LTE as efficiently as hoped, this will too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm disappointed because this phone isn't out yet! It got announced by Verizon almost a month ago and they haven't been saying much (maybe I'm looking in the wrong places) about it since then. I read end of May or early June...

Call this wishful thinking but could the delay in the release be to add ImageSense? That'd be nice.

vet2be

Reaction score
You guys know this is basically a One S for Verizon right? People who think the S4 isn't a HUGE improvement over S3 or other processors need to read up. S4 is based on Cortex A15 and a 28 nm process which blows the Cortex A9 (Tegra 3, S3) out of the water in terms of efficiency and speed. A15 is such a huge improvement that it holds its own against the quadcore Tegra 3 which is a Cortex A9 processor. It's incredibly snappy and even with Sense on the S4 is hard to slow down.

You don't even need more than 1GB of RAM on a phone, and it isn't "last year's specs" when every phone this year (save for maybe the US S3) is going to have 1GB of RAM. The quadcore S3 has 1GB of RAM, and it runs just fine. It seems some people don't understand that when you get to a certain point, adding things on isn't a huge upgrade. Just like how the Cortex A9 quadcores aren't a huge upgrade over dualcore A15's. More is not always better.

This isn't meant to be a flagship phone, it is meant to be a middle of the road phone just like the One S, because that's basically what it is minus ImageSense and form factor. The screen looks just fine. It's no "HD" screen but there's nothing wrong with it for what it is.

Also the talk of "I wonder if Verizon did this to sell more iphones" is nonsense. Does anyone here even look at phones on other carriers?

By the way, the One S has amazing battery life, so if the S4 can manage LTE as efficiently as hoped, this will too.

At least two tech sites that have already gotten their hands on it say that this is not at the level of the One series. And I don't get why this couldn't have been a flagship phone for Verizon, even with a smaller screen.

OP
K
Reaction score
Its more a shock to us original Incredible owners because that phone was a flagship top-of-the-line Verizon android phone.

vet2be

Reaction score
Its more a shock to us original Incredible owners because that phone was a flagship top-of-the-line Verizon android phone.

Exactly. The original DInc was one of the Droid flagship phones that was Verizon's answer to the iPhone on AT&T. What was its debut price with a 2-year contract -- $299? I was able to get a killer deal on it because it had been three years since I got a new phone (so I got an extra $150 off) and I waited about a month after it had been released, but it was still on back order when I got it, and there was even a delay in shipping that got me an extra $25.00 gift card.

Again, I prefer a smaller 4-inch screen, but everything else on the phone should be cutting edge, and apparently, with the exception of the S4, it won't be. I'm still using my original DInc even with its cracked screen (I dropped it on concrete a couple months ago) so when the Inc4G finally comes out, I'll definitely be one of the first in line to check it out, and I hope that it blows me away. I'm not one to buy a new phone every two years (unless my screen is cracked), so I want to buy the best phone available, because it will be a long time before I upgrade.

As for looking at phones on other carriers, I do read reviews of them. Verizon customers pay a premium for service, and I do it because of the reliability of its network, but considering that it is the most expensive carrier, Verizon should be carrying the best phones.

combatmedic870

Reaction score

This....
More ram will eat up battery as well.

If this phone is released tomorrow. It will be the most powerful phone on vzw.
Not bad for a mid tier phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
All I know is....just for the chance of a more stable LTE experience with the newer LTE tech, and for the chance at better battery life because of new LTE and cpu hardware....I will probably be adding this to my family plan. It cant be no worse than my experience with the Rezound...which after 2 I barely like. And I thought battery life on the Rezound was good....contrary to alot of posts I see. I always factored in the 1.5Ghz cpu.

After comparing my Droid X1, RAZR, Rezound, G Nex....screen res isnt even that big a deal to me. Pentile isnt even that big a deal. I have yet to see anywhere where either one made a major difference for me. Colors, blacks, contrast, outdoor viewing, viewing angles do tho....for me.

Last edited: