Any worthy of playing RPGs?

Varking

Reaction score
I can't seem to get a good look through the market for any old school style RPGs, which I used to love playing on the PS1, GBA, and even SNES, but I haven't seen anything here catch my eye. Anybody know of some?

VIRominoff

Reaction score
Get the GBA emu then play Golden sun, Final FantasyI&II dawn of souls, Breath of fire.

NVash

Reaction score
Chrono Trigger on SNES was legendary I hear. Personally I preferred Earthbound and a few translated RPGs from Dragonball Z and Tenchi Muyo. Though I must admit, the DBZ one wasn't that good. Especially because it was translated terribly and the battle system revolved around playing cards.

GBA, I recommend Castlevania Harmony Of Dissonance or Aria Of Sorrow. And you could also get Metroid Fusion, but I don't know if they'll be any good on this Droid D-pad. Both Golden Suns are good as well. I would also like to recommend Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga.

OP
Varking

Varking

Reaction score
I played the hell out of Chrono Trigger, probably my all time favorite game. I guess the best way for me to play RPGs is to purchase the emulators. Thank you all for the help!

LordKastle

Reaction score
Like has been discussed previously there are rom websites online where you can find them. Some people find it safer to use Torrents to download them though.

The reason why its not considered 100% piracy is because you are supposed to have owned the game before.

As a future reference for you...when you are looking for games, use the word "Rom" or "roms".

I do not know any websites off hand but there are a lot of people in the gaming section here who talk about roms so I suggest maybe you send them a message to see where they had success..

shatteredzman

Reaction score
I am only recommending games I consider excellent, I highly suggest you give all of these games a try and they are all for the snes.
Lufia 2
secret of mana
Seiken Densetsu 3(the 2nd.. or 3rd? game of the mana series, you will have to find an english version. There is a fan made translation that is very good.
Final fantasy 3 is THE RPG for the snes, I dont think there is a better RPG for the snes.
Chrono Trigger
Super Mario RPG

Golden sun 1 and 2 are very good RPG's for the GBA.
You might also like the legend of zelda series for the game boy and gameboy advanced.

Last edited:

Natolx

Reaction score
Supermario RPG was indeed excellent. Not to mention it was "3D" sortof

sqchram

Reaction score
I have a fond memory of Phantasy Star II for Genesis - only because I played through it on the console and spent a good month doing so. There is also a III, and possibly IV.

I've come back to it, but I find the dungeons too quirky and mazelike without using a map/guide which can be found online as well - they get too frustrating otherwise.