Any word on Zynga (Facebook) games

dmisc

Reaction score
I play MF on my driod all the time. I actually have it set as one of my favorites, along with 2 other games.

dmisc

Reaction score
dmisc...and what...Pray Tell....is "MF":icon_ devil:

My Bad, I meant MW, as in Mafia Wars.

I am still getting used to the physical keyboard on my Droid. I normally use the onscreen keyboard in landscape.

OP
Mongoose

Mongoose

Reaction score
dmisc - if you don't mind me asking, could you please advise me on how you loaded the game, where you store it (card or phone), do you play any other Zynga games...all the stuff a Noob would need to get it going on the Droid...which, BTW, I should be receiving today...fingers remain crossed. Anyway, I'd appreciate any advice or assistance you can provide...Thanks..:icon_ devil:

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
Games that are not flash based on FB play just fine in the droid browser (at least the ones that I've tried have played well). I have a bookmark to my Fish Wrangler page on my droid browser and use that one all the time. BUt, if it is a flash base game, prob have to wait at least until Adobe releases their android flash update sometime early 2010 or so.

REMilk

Reaction score
Easy way to get to Mafia Wars

Would love Mafia Wars !!

Bluz

I was unable to get to the Mafia Wars application on the Facebook using my Droid as my fingers were too large.

This was the easiest way for me to initially reach Mafia Wars.

1. On the Droid, sign in to Facebook, through either the Facebook app or through the browser
2. On a PC log into Facebook, the go to Mafia Wars.
3. In you email program on the PC , Gmail or other, create a new email to your Gmail account, or other account accessible on the Droid.
4. Copy and Paste the URL from the Mafia Wars page into the email.
5. Send the email
6. OPen the email on the Droid
7. Click the Mafia Wars link
8. Bookmark this page in your browser.

I also created shortcut for this.

Enjoy,
Bob

dmisc

Reaction score
dmisc - if you don't mind me asking, could you please advise me on how you loaded the game, where you store it (card or phone), do you play any other Zynga games...all the stuff a Noob would need to get it going on the Droid...which, BTW, I should be receiving today...fingers remain crossed. Anyway, I'd appreciate any advice or assistance you can provide...Thanks..:icon_ devil:

I play it on the Droid browser. I log into FB and then get to Mafia Wars, then I add MW to my favorites for easy access.

I do this with Fish Wrangler as well.

bikerboy

Reaction score
i am sorry i didn't read the whole thing, so if i repeated someone , i am sorry
I do still have mafia wars as an application on my iphone, it's not through facebook, it's an app, but it works, don't they have something like that for the droid ?

dmisc

Reaction score
i am sorry i didn't read the whole thing, so if i repeated someone , i am sorry
I do still have mafia wars as an application on my iphone, it's not through facebook, it's an app, but it works, don't they have something like that for the droid ?

They do not have an app for MW on the Droid.

AgentX

Reaction score
I have recently e-mailed Zynga about adding Droid compatibility with Mafia Wars, and other iPhone Zynga games. I don't expect them to get back to me as I e-mailed them earlier today and only joined droidforums.net to discuss this topic. Hopefully Zynga makes iPhone games for the Droid, it shouldn't be to hard, its all just Java not much needed to convert to Droid app.

AgentX

Reaction score
Forgot to add, Facebook games that don't use flash can be played on most any phone with internet. What I was specifying was an actual app for the Droid like the app for iPhone, Mafia Wars app for iPhone is better than Facebook's app in my opinion. I mean sound effects and gun screen, if any of you have played Mafia Wars on iPhone, you know what i'm talking about.

AgentX

Reaction score
Zynga's costumer support secton has e-mailed me back, below are copies of my e-mail and Zynga's reply:
I have just purchased an HTC Hero and am looking at the selection of games for it. My freind got an iPhone and stumbled across Maia Wars. I was impressed by the sound, graphics, and I liked the genera of that type of game. The sound Effects of gunshots and virtual gun market impressed me. I've noticed some games were down-graded when creators put them on the Droid, please keep all the iPhone features if you convert compatibility to the Droid. The whole Reason I liked Mafia Wars so much was because of the Flashing on screen sound effects, Guns going across screen shooting effects, and huge selection of weapons! Similar genera games for the Droid OS (HTC Hero, Version Droid, ect, ect) have fair, very simple, graphics, and a small selection of weapons/lots. I've noticed some teams have made iPhone apps compatible with the Droid, or identical new apps for the Droid OS phones. If Zynga games were converted to have comppatibility with the Droid, then I'm sure it would be Droid's biggest, most popular, and best , game. Mainly Zynga's biggest hit game, Mafia Wars.

Thank you for your time, Sincerely:
Daniel M.
-Agentx002

Thank you for contacting Zynga.

We really appreciate your feedback and your interest in our company.
However, at this time we are not accepting any game idea submissions.

Best,
Zynga Customer Support

In conclution to the results of Zynga, the only way to play Zynga Games on the Droid would be through the Internet browser on your phone. Apps will not be made anytime soon, but hopefully after seeing the need arising for Zynga iPhone apps for the Droid, they will change thier mind and convert some. I would suggest as many of you as possible to e-mail Zynga suggesting it. They will only listen if the costumers want it, because the costumer is always right in a successful business. If you want Zynga to make apps for the Droid, I suggest you e-mail them about it to help make it happen. Zynga can't refuse mobs of e-mails wanting them to make Droid apps of it's games. If you have chosen to help make this happen, e-mail Zynga by going to its "contact us" page( Zynga Game Network Inc. - Contact Zynga ) or use the following press, business development, and/or advertising e-mail addresses:

bussiness devopent:
[email protected]

Advertising:
[email protected]

press:
[email protected]

I have allso started a fourum thread on Zyngas website discussing this topic, please visit it and post to show Zynga many people want this to happen.
Zynga Fourum thread:
iPhone apps for Droid - Zynga Community Forums

Last edited:

thestappa

Reaction score
How? What browser?

I go to facebook and it just takes me to the touch.facebook.com site. I don't see where you can open mafia wars from.

I play it on the Droid browser. I log into FB and then get to Mafia Wars, then I add MW to my favorites for easy access.

I do this with Fish Wrangler as well.

GolfProRM

Reaction score
How? What browser?

I go to facebook and it just takes me to the touch.facebook.com site. I don't see where you can open mafia wars from.

If you scroll to the bottom of the touch site, there's a link to open the full site. You can bookmark the full site as well as the mafia wars site when you get there.