Any word on sd card "insufficient space" error in GB update?

tjl1756

Reaction score
I have the normal quirks that appeared with the GB update, but I was wondering if anyone had found a "fix" for the occasional "insufficient space" error for the mounted sd card. I can certainly live with the manual update, or re-update of programs when the phone decides my 60% free 16gb sd card is full, but it is annoying.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Is it the external SD card? Because I've filled the media partition before and got the insufficient space warning.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have the normal quirks that appeared with the GB update, but I was wondering if anyone had found a "fix" for the occasional "insufficient space" error for the mounted sd card. I can certainly live with the manual update, or re-update of programs when the phone decides my 60% free 16gb sd card is full, but it is annoying.

Back when I was using the Droid 1 we would have to delete the .android.secure file from the sdcard. Don't worry about deleting it as the OS will simply recreate it.

OP
T

tjl1756

Reaction score
I'll try erasing the file to see. I only have the memory problem on the external card.