1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Any way tp modify the apps on the bottom of the screen?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by AzJazz, Jul 20, 2010.

1. AzJazz

AzJazz New Member

The two apps on the bottom of the DX screen (Phone on the left, Contacts on the right) are OK, but I would like to replace the app on the right with something else (like Browser, or Messaging).

Contacts is a waste in my opinion, since you are only one extra button push away from that when you press the Phone app on the left.

Is there a way to customize the apps?
  2. Humpa

Humpa New Member

Use LauncherPro. There are 4 icons, and they are all configurable. Even the center Apps button is configurable. And there are about a zillion options in the Preferences menus as well.
  3. alm0614

alm0614 New Member

+1 for LP.. but you can still have 2 and make it look and act just like the stock froyo dock if you want, just way more options
  4. AzJazz

AzJazz New Member

I've used LPB on my Droid.

Will LPB override the "Double Home Button => start Voice Command" functionality on the stock DX?
  5. thaJack

thaJack New Member

Unfortunately not. The double-home still goes to whatever it is set to in the system preferences.

You have choices there, unfortunately, none of them are "do nothing".
Search tags for this page

android droid x apps anchored at bottom of screen

bottom four on droid x