Any way to tether yet?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Use Z4 Root.apk to root. Just install, click permanent root and let it do its thing. Then either use the TBH tether patch or Wifi Tether for root users. If you need more help, let me know. I can also get you the files.

CM74DX

Big D

Reaction score
Use Z4 Root.apk to root. Just install, click permanent root and let it do its thing. Then either use the TBH tether patch or Wifi Tether for root users. If you need more help, let me know. I can also get you the files.

CM74DX

Am I missing something here?

localmuaythai

Reaction score
Im going to say this once, burried at the end of this thread, because honestly im glad its not common knowledge. You can tether, using the verizon app over wireless or usb, totally free.

If you understand how the TBH hack actually works, track down the right version of radiocom (11.11.x), the right drivers, and can figure out the msm chipset of the droid 3 on your own its really as simple as cutting and pasting a 128 char number three times.

I did it using a windows 7 64bit machine, a usb cord and my droid 3.

On the other hand directly editing your radio with radiocom is like playing with a bomb. You could destroy your phone in an instant. Im not going to post a guide that some idiot that has no biz playing with this stuff is going to destroy his phone with.

But hey, my droid 3 and my xoom are back ti being the best of friends and I take my hat off to team black hat for publishing the original hack.

Have fun kids =)

- Local

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
"On the other hand directly editing your radio with radiocom is like playing with a bomb. You could destroy your phone in an instant. Im not going to post a guide that some idiot that has no biz playing with this stuff is going to destroy his phone"

We can either help each other or not post a comment that will deter people from wanting to learn.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Anyway to do it with out rooting phone that is reliable. I have a stock phone now and I am uncertain about rooting my phone. I don't want to make my phone more complicated to where I may not be able to use it becuase of my lack of knowledge about computers and technology. Keep in mind that I use to be a Computer Science Major in college. My current version of Andriod is 2.2.1

Thanks

The community is here to assist u if need be. Rooting is not for everyone and u certainly don't need too to tether.

localmuaythai

Reaction score
"On the other hand directly editing your radio with radiocom is like playing with a bomb. You could destroy your phone in an instant. Im not going to post a guide that some idiot that has no biz playing with this stuff is going to destroy his phone"

We can either help each other or not post a comment that will deter people from wanting to learn.

I disagree miss.

In my post I included more than enough information for a technically savy user to preform the same operation.

What I didn't include is either in the TBH write up, available for download at motorollas site, or copyrighted software which would be illegal to post here.

My post simply stated it was possible and gave everyone the leads they needed to do it themselves.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score

I disagree miss.

In my post I included more than enough information for a technically savy user to preform the same operation.

What I didn't include is either in the TBH write up, available for download at motorollas site, or copyrighted software which would be illegal to post here.

My post simply stated it was possible and gave everyone the leads they needed to do it themselves.

I'm glad got that cleared up and yes we do not allow certain posts or link here.

PuneE

Reaction score
Id like to agree w LocalMT. too many are lazy & too quick to compulsively hit buttons here & there. I like how you did it too. Anyone familiar w the mod scene can identify a handful of familiar terms that can lead them to the info within 5 minutes.

anyone not yet familiar enough will have to stumble thru a few forums and threads before finding the right info. In that process, hopefully they would be a bit more educated before carelessly diving into the sensitives of their devices.

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
He is correct, It is scary to do just make sure you follow steps exactly, read through the guide once or twice and then give it a go, still following the guide, take it nice and slow and do it one step at a time, its not something that has to be done in a limited time frame, so if you want you can an hour+ doing it although it shouldn't take more then 15-20 minutes.

localmuaythai

Reaction score
Id like to agree w LocalMT. too many are lazy & too quick to compulsively hit buttons here & there. I like how you did it too. Anyone familiar w the mod scene can identify a handful of familiar terms that can lead them to the info within 5 minutes.

anyone not yet familiar enough will have to stumble thru a few forums and threads before finding the right info. In that process, hopefully they would be a bit more educated before carelessly diving into the sensitives of their devices.

He is correct, It is scary to do just make sure you follow steps exactly, read through the guide once or twice and then give it a go, still following the guide, take it nice and slow and do it one step at a time, its not something that has to be done in a limited time frame, so if you want you can an hour+ doing it although it shouldn't take more then 15-20 minutes.

Once i got woody vouching for me well then u know im legit dancedroid

Bar exam in 6 hours hooooooo hah!

Faylix / local