Any way to stream music from Droid to stereo over WiFi?

r314bd

Reaction score
Would love to be able to do this. I can't see why it wouldn't be possible (obviously would need a WiFi stereo adapter of some sort)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would love to be able to do this. I can't see why it wouldn't be possible (obviously would need a WiFi stereo adapter of some sort)

You would need something like Airport Express to do this. I stream music from my iTunes to my stereo this way. I don't know of anything else that will do this.

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
An Airport Express wouldn't work since you can only stream from iTunes

JCo352

Reaction score
I hook my laptop upto my stereo, and use Gmote over wifi to control it

Sprank1

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm not sure if this will work - but I almost bought it for my blackberry before I made the switch to Droid. I don't see why it wouldn't work for any bluetooth phone - but not really sure.

BlackBerry Music Gateway - ShopCrackBerry

3579.jpg

datboijon

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm not sure if this will work - but I almost bought it for my blackberry before I made the switch to Droid. I don't see why it wouldn't work for any bluetooth phone - but not really sure.

BlackBerry Music Gateway - ShopCrackBerry

3579.jpg

i just ordered one of those to stream the music to my car im positive it would work on a home stereo too. although the OP wants to use wifi. but if he doesnt need the range this is definately a good option

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
Yeah the limited range is my only reservation about the bluetooth adapters. I'm surprised there aren't any widely available WiFi solutions :/

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
I hook my laptop upto my stereo, and use Gmote over wifi to control it
I might have to resort to this for now but I'm hoping someone will develop a way to do it without the laptop intermediary and just a wifi adapter instead

Sleeve

Reaction score
twonkyserver on the droid and any DLNA-capable stereo device like an Xbox.

lil_b

Reaction score
here is a nice option to stream via wifi ... so no more cable needed... try it out

honey-player.com

Bullwinkle

Reaction score
Honey Player looks to be brand new. Barely out of Beta from what I can see. Would love to hear some feedback on it.

lil_b

Reaction score
yeah it was just released last monday. they updated a new version yesterday... the support is quite nice and the features they announce promise a lot... they also say that they are working on a trial version hope it will come out the next days... there blog on the website is quite good and they replay within the same day to your questions... on my device it works without any problems but i read some people had connecting problems, but this problems should be solved with yesterdays update... for i just can say it works ...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah it was just released last monday. they updated a new version yesterday... the support is quite nice and the features they announce promise a lot... they also say that they are working on a trial version hope it will come out the next days... there blog on the website is quite good and they replay within the same day to your questions... on my device it works without any problems but i read some people had connecting problems, but this problems should be solved with yesterdays update... for i just can say it works ...

Download iTunes. Import your music. Airport Express. Problem solved.

lil_b

Reaction score
but NOT if you want to stream music directly from your phone to airport express... we dont want to open up your notebook everytime we want to access our music library... and this is what this app does... music stream from your mobile phone :) i dont think that streaming music from a notebook is a problem...