any way to rename the ROMS from your phone?

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by rayswift, Dec 24, 2009.

1. rayswift

rayswift New Member

I tried renaming them in my ROMS folder when I plug in my Droid to my computer, but I still see ".Zip" after every name. Is there any way that I can delete that "Zip" part?

Also, is there a way that I can customize a certain ROM to open up when I open either SNES, NES or Sega? For example, if I open Geniod, only Genesis games open etc etc. thanks in advance!
  2. LordKastle

LordKastle New Member

To answer question 2... why not just make separate sub-folders in your Roms folder for separate console emulator games..
  3. Salvoroni

Salvoroni New Member

simplicity ftw

If you are new to smart phones, just think of them as you would your computer. (Well it is one.) It will make your life a whole lot easier.
  4. skourg3

skourg3 New Member

You could probably rename them from you phone with a file manager app such as Astro. As to removing the .zip or whatever, umm.. well, if you turn on show file extensions in Windows (under folder options) it will let you get rid of the .zip extension, though doing so usually isn't a good idea, but...

...Why don't you just, umm, unzip it? With, you know, winzip, winrar, 7-zip, something like that.. you could probably do that on the phone too, though I'm not completely positive on that.
Search tags for this page

how to rename roms on an android