Any way to prooritize 3g over cell phone features? Internet currently unusable.

Veraster

Reaction score
The Droid x2 can not do simultaneous talk and data. This means you can't have the phone transmitting 3g internet bandwidth while checking for new text messages or whatever it does. This makes my 3g internet almost completely unusable. So when i'm tethering, my speeds will be at like 120kbytes/sec for 5 seconds and then be at 0 for as long as 30 seconds before showing any activity. It seems to prioritize it's "cell phone" features (checking for calls and/or texts or whatever the crap it does) over it's 3g radio and it's making my internet unusable. I don't CARE about getting new texts and if I ever get any calls, it's from a telemarketer. My primary use for my phone is internet. I'm not going to buy a newer piece of junk phone from verizon that is harder to root and has lower quality roms available and will get rid of my unlimited data just so it won't do this crap. They don't deserve more of my money. Is there a way to make it prioritize 3g over everything else?

OP
V

Veraster

Reaction score
I did this [MOD] 3 CDMA mods updated 7/11/12 - xda-developers and it sped it up during those short intervals when it wasn't using cellular features but it still didn't fix my problem. P.S. the edit post buttons aren't working. I can edit my posts using the basic editor but the go advanced and post buttons aren't working. Somone needs to contact the forum admin.