Any way to play media from your Droid on TV through Xbox 360?

cb3FSU

Reaction score
I have an ipod and external HD that plugs directly into my xbox 360 via USB and can watch video files or listen to music from them.

For some reason the Droid is not recognized.

Is there a download I need for this? I would think Apple is a bigger rival to Microsoft than any Android product and ipods are not blocked from being read.

The droid will charge from the USB but the files inside are not accessable.

Any ideas?

mjs31

Reaction score
Being that the Xbox can play videos, music etc from a flash drive plugged into one of the front usb ports, I am surprised that the Droid is not recognized. You would need to plug it in and then Mount it like you would the computer. It may be a driver issue though.

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does the droid give you the option to mount the SD card when you plug it into your xbox? I'd think the card would need to be mounted for the xbox to see the data on it.

OP
C

cb3FSU

Reaction score
Thats probably it, I didnt even think to mount it. I'll see when I get home.

mjs31

Reaction score

I bet it is. Absolutely would need to mount it just like you do your computer. I bet it shows up fine in your "My Xbox" section.

CyberLaw

Reaction score

I tried this after reading this thread...the Droid knows it's been plugged in and the USB mount notification launches...but even if I mount it, the Xbox doesn't appear to recognize it.

MInkyboi

Reaction score
well for the xbox to recognize ipod devices there needed to be an update for it. i have no clue if m$ plans to release a fix but i sure hope they do

OP
C

cb3FSU

Reaction score
yeah I tried it last night and it didn't work.

not sure why my Western Digital HD did not require any software.

It would be great if we could get this working though.

JohnnyDroid

Reaction score
I know the answer is no but tech stuff is so full of surprises that you just never know. There isn't a way to play the vid on the Droid and stream it out the usb port and I dunno convert it to hdmi?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Twonky

I have the solution for you. If you go in to the market and search "twonky" you will see the app there. It was just released to us. It turns your Droid in to a media server. Just get on wifi and your XBOX360 will see it and stream the media. Let us know how good it works since I have the app but haven't had the time to play with it

In other words " There is an app for that "

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know the answer is no but tech stuff is so full of surprises that you just never know. There isn't a way to play the vid on the Droid and stream it out the usb port and I dunno convert it to hdmi?

The answer is actually Yes :)