Any way to hack/mod/root the Moto Citrus?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by PhillyOC, Dec 29, 2010.

1. PhillyOC

PhillyOC New Member

I came here looking to see what I can do to get to 2.2 Froyo and with the Google apps instead of the cheesy Bing crap. I got this phone for my kid for Christmas and now I regret it because of 2.1 only and no native Google apps.

I have rooted my own Droid and have run different mods/roms (Cyanogenmod) and stuff so I am have a bit of knowledge, but there doesn't seem to be any modding info out there yet for this device.

Do you think it can at least be rooted?
  2. PunMaster

PunMaster New Member

The "rageagainstthecage" root exploit claims to work on any Android phone that supports USB debugging (aka ADB). Do you know if your phone has this? If so, there are plenty of tutorials out there for rooting your phone. One of the simplest I have found is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682 .
  3. PhillyOC

PhillyOC New Member

Good stuff. I'm going to give it a shot and I'll post back to let you all know how it went.

Thanks bro!
  4. PhillyOC

PhillyOC New Member

I tried with the SuperOneClick and it was a no-go. It kept getting hung up at the "Waiting for Device" and the little trick they had on the site did not work to get it going again. Oh well. Win some, lose some.
  5. PunMaster

PunMaster New Member

Did you try restarting your computer? The USB drivers seem to need a restart before they work.
  6. PhillyOC

PhillyOC New Member

Yeah, I restarted several times, uninstalled/reinstalled the program, driver, etc. I think my problem is with the device software that comes with the driver. I cannot install the phone driver without it getting in there as well. Is there any way to install the driver without the sync software? Also, I know USB Debugging needs to be enabled but what USB mode should the phone be in? There are 4 options when I select USB when the phone is plugged in. It has "mount USB", and 3 more I can't remember right now. I don't have access to the device till tomorrow.
  7. JDPcitrus

JDPcitrus New Member

I'm using the moto citrus an I've rooted it an tethered it. The programs I used are z4root an Easytether pro! Ive included the apk for z4root an when you use it click the permanent root.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  8. PhillyOC

PhillyOC New Member

That is awesome, thanks a ton.
    I am so glad I am still subscribed to this thread/forum. I had forgotten that I made this post it has been so long. It comes at a great tome too. I will be upgrading my daughter to something else soon and I wanted to give my wife the citrus. Now I can wipe it and play with it all I want without fear of something going wrong.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  9. theburrus1

theburrus1 New Member

Yes, you can root Citrus. Here is another alternative for you...

Philly OC,

Please see my linkback here to androidforums where I posted and attached the file "SuperOneClick" that can and does root the Citrus in just one click. The other thing this previous guy mentions works too but I didn't need it as I found this before it. And yes, I agree and this will take that Garbage like Bing and WeeMees off with no problems and in a jiffy? What a bunch of factory crap apps. Good riddance to unrooted ways of life!
Search tags for this page
easy root for motorola citrus
hacking the motorola citrus

how to root motorola citrus

how to root motorola citrus without computer
motorola citrus froyo upgrade
motorola citrus hack

motorola citrus hacks

motorola citrus wx445 root
motorola wx445 update
root motorola citrus
wx445