Any way to get text reminders?

philc21

Reaction score
My old phone used to vibrate every few minutes when you had a new text in case you missed the first alert. I cant find anything on the droid settings for this so im assuming you need an app. Any recommendations?

Diocat

Reaction score
I personally use the app "Missed Call" only for SMS reminders, but I have heard some people have very good luck with "Handcent" as a replacement to the default messaging program.

zegolf

Reaction score
Another +1 for Handcent. I also like the speech-to-text functionality (while not as good as Vlingo) of Handcent. Living in a state that has banned texting while driving, it's a great tool.

zegolf

Reaction score
Hand Scent is AWESOME!!!!

Haha, but which scent do you prefer?

I'm actually using a dumbed down version of Handcent. I really only use it for the threaded modification of the SMS and for the voice-to-text. But it's perfect for what I need it for.

OP
P

philc21

Reaction score
I took all your advice and went with handcent... great app loving it +1 for handcent... havent tried the voice text yet tho

phamous

Reaction score
if you want sms notifications without a full featured sms client like handcent use

SMS popup

it has the latest features you'll get out of sms notificatoin apps. Those features you enjoy in handcent are made possible by the open sourced source code from SMS popup.

so for those of us wanting the latest and greatest, pick up sms popup