1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Any way to get motorola corporate directory to work?

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by hongkongrr, Aug 2, 2010.

1. hongkongrr

hongkongrr New Member

Hi,

I love the SS 4.6 however I can't seem to get motorola corporate directory to work as it complains about it not being a "moto droid" phone.

Has anyone found a workaround for this issue?
  2. hongkongrr

hongkongrr New Member

Any one have a solution? :( I may have to go to another rom although I don't want to.
  3. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

There is only one thing I can think you can try - pull /system/build.prop, find the line that says 'droid' ... change the first letter to uppercase, as in 'Droid' ... then try again, let me know!
  4. CrunchSA

CrunchSA New Member

Were you aware that Froyo now queries the directory natively when adding recipients? Just start typing a name and watch it in action.
  5. ss13

ss13 New Member

are you sure you need it? The other day after re-adding my Exchange account I started typing an address of someone and it auto-filled from the GAL.
  6. wtabke

wtabke New Member

I too used the Moto Corporate Contacts in previous stock and SS versions and miss not having it.

Could the address you searched for be coming from your Exchange Contacts instead of the GAL?
  7. dblhelix

dblhelix New Member

I tried this but unfortunately it didn't correct the issue. The native email app appears to be attempting a contact search of some sort, but doesn't return anything from the GAL.

Any ideas?
  8. hongkongrr

hongkongrr New Member

I need the moto corp directory since it also gives phone numbers. Does anyone have another solution?
  9. ChevyNo1

This MIGHT be fixed in 4.7 - I will be releasing it very soon, would appreciate if you would try it and let me know if the issue is resolved. Stay tuned to the forum!
  10. dblhelix

dblhelix New Member

Will do. Looking forward to it as the directory is a feature I would use quite often. Thanks!
  11. gloster

gloster New Member

I also used to use the Motorola Corporate Directory. While the new Froyo features give you GAL for email addresses, they do not give you GAL for phone numbers.

dblhelix -- have you tried Touchdown? Even if you don't want to use it for all of your Exchange integration, you could use it for phone number lookup.

Personally, I now use Touchdown. Under the latest Froyo, my company's rules forced me to enter a password everytime my screen dimmed. That drove me nuts. Touchdown only makes me enter a password the first time I use Touchdown after a boot.
  12. cplum

cplum Member

Running SS 4.6 as well. I could not get my exchange contacts to sync to my stock email account thus not showing in my phone contacts. I use Touchdown for work email & calendar. My contacts did all sync with Touchdown. Then in Touchdown with the contacts open it allows you to copy your contacts to your phone. I don't know if this will help you or not.
  13. gloster

gloster New Member

The issue is not with your own exchange contacts. The issue is with the ability to look up the phone number of anyone in your corporate directory on the fly. There may be 15,000 people in the corporate directory.
  14. cplum

cplum Member

Got you. Sorry can't help.
  15. dblhelix

dblhelix New Member

I flashed SS 4.7 and still get the same error about the software only being supported on the droid. Any other ideas?
  16. hongkongrr

hongkongrr New Member

I was going to try SS4.7 for this fix, but I guess no luck :(
  17. ChevyNo1

This 'corp directory' .. is this an apk you have installed, or is it something on the phone that I can test? Not familiar with it, but would like to help you all get it working. Any way you can capture a logcat when it fails?
  18. gloster

gloster New Member

It is an apk. It is an application by Motorola called "Corporate Directory". I thought it was preinstalled on Droid 1's. But I might be remembering wrong. It certainly used to be available to me in the marketplace. However, when I just searched for it in the market, it doesn't show up. I'm guessing that's because it's being filtered out. If no one else has the apk to forward, I could take my phone back to stock and download it from the market.
  19. dblhelix

dblhelix New Member

Ok I ran a logcat and here are (what I believe to be) the relevant parts.

I/CoDirectory( 5091): Need install CoCalendar
    I/ActivityManager( 1293): Displayed activity com.motorola.CompanyDirectory/.CompanyDirectory: 1543 ms (total 1543 ms)

So it appears the app is looking for the corporate calendar to be installed in order to run, which is no longer the case in froyo. I checked to see if there was an updated version, and found it was removed from the market two weeks ago.

May just be a lost cause, which is unfortunate because I cannot search the directory from the native email client.

Here's the link to the app (which states it was removed from the market 15 days ago)
    Corporate Directory for DROID for Android

I can get the apk to you as well if you'd like, just let me know.
  20. ChevyNo1

I have an older apk, it FC's though ... can u send me the latest one you have to chevyno1.droid@gmail.com?
Search tags for this page
motorola corporate directory .apk
motorola corporate directory droid

motorola directory