Any way to disable the music player from starting up whenever I plug in audio cord?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by bloodstains, Jul 13, 2010.

1. bloodstains

bloodstains New Member

I use "3" as my music player (love the widget and everything else about it). Often when I'm in the car, my audio out cable which runs to my auxiliary input gets jostled, causing my Droid to think I'm unplugging/plugging the cord in.

Whenever this happens, it starts up the stock music player and starts playing music. Now I have two songs going at the same time (one playing on 3, the other playing on stock). It's annoying, and kind of a pain in the butt to switch into the music player and stop it while I'm driving. I'd like to be more focused on the road and not have to worry about this!

Any suggestions are appreciated, let me know if I can clarify anything for you.

(fyi - running Bugless Beast 0.4 on a Motorola Droid).
  2. 48hughey

48hughey New Member

I have the same problem when I connect to my Bluetooth car kit (to stream music via it's FM transmitter). I am usually starting up Pandora, but the default music app kicks on too...:mad:

Also on BB 0.4
  3. chudilo

chudilo New Member

My car supports Bluetooth directly. (mazda3) and I have the same problem. I would've though that Froyo would address this ... but that did not happen.
    Is this something Pandora should reserve?
  4. bloodstains

bloodstains New Member

I think I might have found a way to solve this? Not completely sure, but ever since I downloaded the "Block Headset" widget from the market (free widget) and turned that on I've had no problems. Small chance it could be coincidental but I've been using it for a couple weeks now without it happening, which is much better than before!! I wish there was some other way rather than having a widget taking up a spot for an icon, but this seems to work and it's free/easy.
  5. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

Odd... I've never encountered this issue.

Glad you found a resolution.
  6. HamDog

HamDog New Member

I use MortPlayer as my music player. In it's settings--->Preferences, there is an option under "Headset" to discontinue it from playing automatically when headsets get plugged in.

I also have bluetooth in my car stereo and it automatically starts up the music when I start the car. But I actually like this feature! But it doesn't do it all the time. I think if your music player is open and paused, it automatically restarts, but if the music player is not open, it will not automatically play. I'm still trying to figure this one out.

I made a video on this:

7. rtb

rtb New Member

Any word on this? I connect my Droid Eris to my car via bluetooth and every time I start it up it plays what is in my music folder. I only use Pandora so I don't want it to play my music folder - annoying!
  8. cellu1

cellu1 New Member

I am using PowerAmp Full Version and I am able to disable the headphone jack option. Problem is like the OP stated, that the stock music player starts playing. I have found no option on turning this off for the stock player. Also my stock music player is constantly running in the back ground, lurking, just waiting for me to plug in my headset.
  9. UNC

UNC New Member

Message me and I can help you guys with this!!!!!

You must be ROOTED!!!!!!
  10. Axium

Axium New Member

just delete the stock music apk. it sucks anyways has too many bugs for me :) mixzing is my media player and i love it.
  11. Darkit

Darkit New Member

I think I used to have the same problem. I like the winamp player better than the default player but everytime I unplugged my headphones after using winamp the default player kicked it.

To solve this was rather easy. I just went into the app tabs and into the default player settings. Then I just cleared the cache of the default player and suddenly no more problems. Hope this fixes your problems.
Search tags for this page
android auto play bluetooth disable
android bluetooth autoplay disable

android disable bluetooth autoplay

android stop music player

disable android music player

disable autoplay bluetooth android
disable bluetooth autoplay android
disable samsung media player auto
how to take autoplay off music player from androids
stop android music player from starting automatically
stop pandora from autoplaying