Any way to diagnose GPS problems??

discgolfdc

Reaction score
Hi... I've had my Rezound for quite some time, now, and it's generally been very good to me. Some quirks, here and there, but overall a pretty good device.

Recently, however, I have noticed that when I need GPS to activate itself (using Google Maps or other GPS-enabled software), it doesn't seem to want to come on. Now, I imagine that there may be some apps out there that may somehow interfere with the GPS -- not with the signal, per se, but its operation. I couldn't begin to tell what those might be (who the hell knows why half the apps that start themselves up in the background do so, anyway?), but one thing I know is that I don't want to have to delete apps randomly and monitor for a fix, if this process is at all avoidable.

With things like the Android SDK (and its utilities) and the other LogCat readers and whatnot, I'm wondering if it's somehow possible to get a view into what app(s) might be hindering the GPS' activation and operation using any of those tools.

Does anyone have any experience with this? This is very frustrating, as I'm sure many know.

I'm on a stock (but rooted) 2.3 ROM.

Thanks!

JL

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Try GPS status from the market. Some people have had success just flipping GPS on/off(myself included)