Any way to check for system errors?

Androidiot

Reaction score
Hey, guys!

I'm using a HTC Eris with the OTA 2.1 update. (Not rooted 'cause I have no clue how to do that stuff yet!)

I had an app called "Spare Parts" on the phone which I really had no use for, so I uninstalled it. After such, the phone no longer vibrates at all.

Here's some info on the app:
Spare Parts vAd Supported Application for Android | Tools

I'm sure this is what has caused the error to my phone, problem is... I'm an android software idiot. He said that he "ripped this out from the android source repository" I have no clue what that means, but I have no clue on how to go about fixing it.

Forgive my stupid questions, but is there nay way to do something like a system error check or a software recovery/repair? I'm aware of some menu when you power off, and then press power/volume down at the same time. Is this where I should be looking?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! THANKS! :droideris:

OP
A

Androidiot

Reaction score
Screw it, I'm going for the Fail Gold!

Okay, so I did factory reset and it still didn't fix the problem. (Further proof that it's a software issue?)

I was going to reinstall 2.1 manually, but whenever I try, it aborts updating it.
I did everything here:
How to manually update your HTC Droid Eris to Android 2.1 (updated) | Android Central

(Except I get nothing when I push "power & home", so I tried "power & volume up")

It verifies the update package, starts to install, then aborts. Could this be because I'm trying to "update" whats already up-to-date?

At this point I'm looking to reinstall/recover the official Android 2.1 on my phone. Anyone help please?

brando56894

Reaction score
Spare Parts is a configuration app for your rom which has various extra setting. Idk about how to get it back on a stock rom though...

OP
A

Androidiot

Reaction score
Yeah, I just told Verizon that my phone vibrating working after the 2.1 update and they sent me a new one... now I can start from scratch all over again... yay.