1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Any way to change folder icons using Bettercut?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by scubaman6985, Mar 21, 2010.

1. scubaman6985

scubaman6985 New Member

So I'm a minimalist with my phone pretty much, and love to make folders and assign all the apps to one specific folder. Is there anyway I can use bettercut to change each folder image to something different for a more pleasing appearance? For example, a controller icon on the games folder, some tools on m y tools folder, and etc.

I only ask because I haven't found folders in the activity section of bettercut.
  2. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Premium Member Premium Member

Apps organizer is free and will allow you to make folders. You can use the icon packs you use with better cut.
  3. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Also, you can go into Apps Organizer, choose labels, then long press a label and change the icon that way....don't even need bettercut
  4. Jonny Kansas

Yeah, that's what I said. You can use the same icon packs. Thanks for explaining how to change the icon for him/her though.
  5. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Oh I was reading it like you were telling him to use bettercut with the apps organizer folders, my bad.
  6. Jonny Kansas

It's all good. Seems like I was kinda lazy on that one, so I'm glad you added the how to change the icons.
  7. OpalCat

OpalCat New Member

You can use either the Apps Organizer itself OR BetterCut to change the icons using Apps Organizer--just a matter of what you prefer. If you do it in Apps Organizer it will remember your choices later, though (like if you remove that shortcut and then decide you want it again).

What I wish was that there was a way to change the icon for individual folder that are actually folders. For example, I have a folder that contains direct-dial shortcuts to all of my most frequently called contacts, as well as a shortcut to the dialer and to Contacts... and one that has direct-message contact shortcuts, a shortcut to Handcent, and a shortcut to Fring... but since they're real folders they get the generic folder icon (though I did change that by editing the Launcher.apk--so the folders look better, but they still always look the same)

I want to customize actual folders! WAAAAH! Is there any amount of hacking that will achieve this, or is it a dead end?
  8. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

If you can find out where the images are located I can make it so you can flash that update.
  9. OpalCat

OpalCat New Member

Are you asking me? Which images do you mean? I already customized the folder icons. I just want to be able to customize *different* folder icons. Like this folder has that icon, this other folder has this other icon, etc.
  10. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Oh I see what you mean. No I don't think you can. Your best bet is to use apps organizer or for even more options (they have call logs etc) abc organizer, then you can change the icon easily and to whatever you want.
  11. OpalCat

OpalCat New Member

I already do use Apps Organizer. I'm not talking about folders full of apps. I'm talking about folders with things like direct-dial contacts, or bookmarks, or things like that.
  12. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

And like I said, ABC Organizer allows for folders with phone numbers etc.

It's IDENTICAL to Apps Organizer but allows for more folder types.

FolderOrganizer [abcOrganizer] for Android - Tools
    [​IMG]
  13. OpalCat

OpalCat New Member

What you said was they had "call logs etc" which wasn't what I was looking for. I'm not looking for links to contacts, either... does it offer links to direct dialor direct message?
  14. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

I don't have it installed anymore, so you might have to try it. It's like a buck or something. You can always return it if you don't like it.

OR, you could try this for free (see if it works, it gets mixed reviews - it might be faster since you are overclocked):

UltimateFaves for Android - Productivity

[​IMG]
  15. OpalCat

OpalCat New Member

Definitely don't want that. I just want my folder with my customized direct-dial and direct-message icons that I've already labored over setting up...(this is part of why I am really looking for doing it in FOLDERS. I don't want the links to be pulling images from the contact or any of that. I want the custom icons that I made for each person.) No spinning carousel widgets, etc. Don't need that kind of hassle. I just want to open a folder and click on what I want.
  16. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ok, then I guess you'll have to give ABC a whirl or deal with all the same folder icons.
Search tags for this page
bettercut change folder icon

using android better cut to change folders icons