Any way to "cache" the apps drawer in memory?

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by TheCleaner, Apr 5, 2010.

1. TheCleaner

TheCleaner Member

Ratings:
    +4
    If I don't open the apps drawer for a few hours, when I go to open it it takes a while "re-adding" all of the apps to the drawer menu. After about 6 seconds it will finish and I can then scroll to the app I want.

Is there any way to just cache this in memory or something? It's kind of dumb that the device has to actually re-read something like an apps list, at least when nothing has changed.

If I close the newly refreshed drawer and then re-open it works as it should all the time.

2. JT3

JT3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If it's taking you 6 seconds to reload your apps drawer, then something is wrong. Even if I haven't opened my app drawer in days, it still only takes a second or so before I can scroll around there.

I'm wondering if you don't have some other issue going on, like kernel problems. Your sig doesnt' say whether you're running a LV or MV kernel. If it's LV, try upping it to MV to see if that helps. Otherwise, make sure you're not running some other application that's hogging your CPU time. Also, make sure you don't have your SetCPU minimum set to 125MHz, as a lot of people are reporting problems at this speed. Set the minimum to 250MHz. That seems to work a lot better.

To answer your question... I don't think you can "cache" the app drawer, per se. I'm not even sure you'd want to. If you did that, you'd have the opposite problem. Instead of long load times when nothing changed, you'd have faster load times, but missing apps when something had changed, and you'd have to manually clear the cache.

3. TheCleaner

TheCleaner Member

Ratings:
    +4
    thanks for the tips...I'm running the normal kernel that comes with UD9. I'll try changing the minimum cpu settings.