Any way to block unknown numbers from turbo 2

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I know their are apps but it doesn't seem to have an option in built in phone app

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Here is what I do:

Create a new Contact. Mine is named Scammers, name yours as you wish.

Once saved select the All Calls To Voicemail option for the new Contact.

Then add numbers as appropriate to that Contact. Anytime one of those numbers calls, you will not hear the phone ring...goes straight to voicemail.

I have over 40 numbers in that one Contact and have only had ONE actual voicemail in the years I have been doing this.

And if your Contacts are synced to your Google account, that scammer / spammer / block Contact with all those numbers syncs with every new phone you activate.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I use an app to block numbers. it also check if the number is a known scammer or recording. it auto checks when the phone rings. in addition, some phone companies have the feature for free. I think verizon is the only one you have to pay.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Verizon lets you block up to 10 numbers for free.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Here is what I do:

Create a new Contact. Mine is named Scammers, name yours as you wish.

Once saved select the All Calls To Voicemail option for the new Contact.

Then add numbers as appropriate to that Contact. Anytime one of those numbers calls, you will not hear the phone ring...goes straight to voicemail.

I have over 40 numbers in that one Contact and have only had ONE actual voicemail in the years I have been doing this.

And if your Contacts are synced to your Google account, that scammer / spammer / block Contact with all those numbers syncs with every new phone you activate.

That method works except for the 1st call. And a robocaller sometimes calls multiple times with different spoofed numbers. I found an app that can block all numbers not in contacts that works but when I tell someone new to call me I have to get their phone # 1st and if it comes from a Pbx that rotates numbers it gets more complex like a reverse problem. Haven't found a perfect solution only partial ones

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That method works except for the 1st call. And a robocaller sometimes calls multiple times with different spoofed numbers. I found an app that can block all numbers not in contacts that works but when I tell someone new to call me I have to get their phone # 1st and if it comes from a Pbx that rotates numbers it gets more complex like a reverse problem. Haven't found a perfect solution only partial ones

Agreed, no perfect solution. You can either add people's number to your app "safe list" or add each new spam caller number to the blocked Contact. Either way involves some user input; which is good in my opinion. For me personally, I don't want yet another app on my phone that may cause phone call issues and give me more headaches and problems down the road; so I'm OK with adding every new spam number that calls me to my blocked Contact. The main thing is finding something that works good for you and then roll with it.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
it is something you will have to live with because no solution is 100 percent perfect.

Used to if the number is local it would be okay but now the scumbags are phishing local numbers to trick you into answering.