Any way to beam camera photos to PC without USB connection?

jpetito

Reaction score
And without having to email it to yourself? Any special procedure like this possible...maybe dealing with Gmail or something? I know it's stupid but I'm just trying to eliminate the step of connecting the USB to the PC. Thanks! :)

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Not that I know of, but you could always upload to picasa quickly. Do you have the original gallery or the 2.1 3D gallery? might be possible to do that on the old one too. Or you can bluetooth it i think? If you have a bluetooth receiver on your PC Never tried

OP
J

jpetito

Reaction score
Not that I know of, but you could always upload to picasa quickly. Do you have the original gallery or the 2.1 3D gallery? might be possible to do that on the old one too. Or you can bluetooth it i think? If you have a bluetooth receiver on your PC Never tried

I haven't customized my Droid, so I have the standard 2.0.1 gallery. I tried uploading to imageshack but their website doesn't support the Android OS, only Apple.

I'll see what I can do with picasa.

Edit/Update: I think I found a solution...'Picasa one click upload', a free app on the market...says it will upload immediately to a Picasa account...

Last edited:

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you want to put them right on to your PC i think you shoudl go out and buy a USB bluetooth reciever... otherwise you can upload them to picasa easily. I forget what the 2.0.1 gallery is like so see if you can choose multiple items and upload them to your account. If not though I suggest at least grabbing the 3D Gallery APK from this forum and installing it. So easy to upload from that.

OP
J

jpetito

Reaction score
If you want to put them right on to your PC i think you shoudl go out and buy a USB bluetooth reciever... otherwise you can upload them to picasa easily. I forget what the 2.0.1 gallery is like so see if you can choose multiple items and upload them to your account. If not though I suggest at least grabbing the 3D Gallery APK from this forum and installing it. So easy to upload from that.

I'll only be uploading one photo at a time. It's for the purpose of taking pics of something and posting them on a forum.

Skaggz

Reaction score
FTP is always an option. There are many FTP server or client apps on the market.

I use an app simply called FTPServer to transfer files to and from my PC & Droid without the use of the USB cable. For you're specific use though I'd suggest an FTP client app with a server running on your PC.

edit:
I'll only be uploading one photo at a time. It's for the purpose of taking pics of something and posting them on a forum.

I would suggest just uploading them to Picasa via your phone. That way the pic already has a URL. That would skip a step of transferring and then uploading.

Last edited:

KevinJ

Reaction score
And without having to email it to yourself? Any special procedure like this possible...maybe dealing with Gmail or something?
How about this...

Open Gmail on your phone, and compose a new message. Attach the photo to the message, then save as draft. Sync your gmail account, and then the draft - with attached image - when you check gmail on your computer it should be in the "drafts" folder.

I'm not guaranteeing it will work, but that's how I transfer stuff from computer to phone.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
FTP is an option to connect via 3g.

Estrongs File Explorer has wi-fi transfer thru LAN. Its what I use to transfer between Droid and PC