Any way in Home++ to always return to your home screen?

DurangoJim

Reaction score
I'm running Home++ which is great, but one thing I'd like is for the phone to automatically return to the main home screen when being unlocked or hanging up from a call. Does anyone know of an app to do this?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm running Home++ which is great, but one thing I'd like is for the phone to automatically return to the main home screen when being unlocked or hanging up from a call. Does anyone know of an app to do this?

Don't know if it will work with Home++, but it works with GDE so I don't know why it wouldn't. Take a look at "NotCallLog" to return to your home screen when you finish a call. It can be set to return to the dialer (rather than the call log) or to the Home screen.

OP
D

DurangoJim

Reaction score

Don't know if it will work with Home++, but it works with GDE so I don't know why it wouldn't. Take a look at "NotCallLog" to return to your home screen when you finish a call. It can be set to return to the dialer (rather than the call log) or to the Home screen.

Thanks for the advice and I'm actually using that already, but it still seems to take me to the last home screen that I was on, rather than the default home screen.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try going:

Settings < Applications < Manage Apps

Select the Home++ app, and clear it's defaults. You may have to do this with a few other apps, but what it should achieve is the phone asking you what default action you want to take every time an app goes to the home screen.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the advice and I'm actually using that already, but it still seems to take me to the last home screen that I was on, rather than the default home screen.

Sorry 'bout that. I realize it's a workaround, but does hitting the home button then take you to your desired homescreen? Tapping the home button twice in GDE always takes you to the default homescreen so I'm assuming it might work that way in Home++.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Sorry 'bout that. I realize it's a workaround, but does hitting the home button then take you to your desired homescreen? Tapping the home button twice in GDE always takes you to the default homescreen so I'm assuming it might work that way in Home++.

Assuming you have your settings right and the "proper" screen set as default, pressing the home key in home++ will take you directly to your main/default screen. I think that's pretty standard with home replacements. :D