Any voice clarity problems for the other party?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by DaveH, May 9, 2010.

1. DaveH

DaveH New Member

Ever since I got my new Moto Droid 5 weeks ago, my wife, family members, friends seem to have a harder time understanding me than they did when I was using the LG enV Touch. The Droid is so cool and useful, but mine seems to fall short in the arena it was made for. Anyone else have issues?

Is there a fix or hack for this problem? It seems like the Droid might have too much noise rejection sensitivity....loud ambient noise was reported by people on the other end when the enV Touch was being used, and no ambient noise is heard by them now with the Droid.
  2. Arkainzeye

Arkainzeye New Member

do a Search for this problem and u will find a TON of info about it.
  3. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Click on this link http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...forums-stock-solutions-thread.html#post427099 and that should help....
  4. DaveH

DaveH New Member

Thanks, I had already de-selected the privacy setting. After following your link, I did the PRL update and changed the Vocode to EVRC-B. I'll give it a day or so and see how it acts. Thanks again.
  5. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

It generally makes quite a difference and I hope it does for you as well. :D
  6. aminaked

aminaked New Member

Reboot every 3 days. Speak into the mic. Maybe remove protective case.

While on call, turn on speakerphone or bluetooth may fix it. Time to reboot.
  7. jimnutt

jimnutt New Member

If you have a case, that's often the culprit. There's a noise cancellation microphone on the back of the phone (it looks like a tiny dimple along the top edge of the phone just to the right of the headphone jack). If it's covered, it can cause all sorts of problems, from clarity issues to not being heard at all. A lot of aftermarket cases cover the hole, drilling a small hole in the case in the appropriate spot will often solve the problem.
  8. DaveH

DaveH New Member

Ok, none of the updates or rebooting has fixed the problem. I have discovered that if I hold the palm of my hand flat against the bottom (back) of the phone, the person on the other end can hear me much better....the problem with that is it is very uncomfortable.

As for the canceling mic on the back of the phone: I have looked for this and I cannot find anything that even closely resembles a mic that is along the top section. The grill looking area under the battery door is the closest thing to a mic that I see.
  9. Addie

Addie New Member

We have a lot of U.S.A. conference calls in daily can you please suggested me to buy a good telephone instruments in india and which models i want to buy.
  10. cosmonaut

cosmonaut New Member

Good luck finding an answer. I have tried them all. I have good days with mine and bad. The funny thing is I have a couple of listeners who never complian. With a case, without and all of the updates. The problem has gotten better but not good enough. If it keeps causeing problems I am going to ditch the Droid and go to something else.
  11. DaveH

DaveH New Member

That sounds pretty bleak. I was hoping someone had an answer that would help, but not yet. I love this phone, I just can't deal with the reception issues, and that's the big one for me...as silly as it may sound, I still need a phone
  12. DaveH

DaveH New Member

No other ideas?
  13. cosmonaut

cosmonaut New Member

I think a live wallpaper was making it bad for me. I have seen some improvement since deleting them.
  14. solorca

solorca New Member

You will read a lot of solutions, but for me, none of them worked. It's the reason that I no longer have a Droid. I loved everything about the Droid except for the "phone" part of it. Like you, I didn't have issues with hearing other people, but they could never hear me.

The phone quality on the Droid is terrible. It's so sad that with all of the things that it has, it's most basic function is useless. Where was the "can you hear me now?" guy during the testing of this phone?
  15. DaveH

DaveH New Member

I don't want to give up just yet....Its hard for me believe the problem isn't going to be some sort of programming issue, and that would be fixable. I'll check with Verizon to see what my trading options are, but I doubt I'm going to like what they tell me.
  16. cosmonaut

cosmonaut New Member

So far three days of clear calls since I deleted the live wall paper. But this is also the last chance. I really need a phone to bad to screw around. If nothing else I will go back to my V750. I hope this fixed it. By the way it was earthrot that I deleted.
  17. DaveH

DaveH New Member

I hope that fixed it for you too. I don't have live wallpaper, so that can't be my issue.

Exactly where is the noise canceling mic located? I've looked along the back edge where one poster said it was, but I can see nothing that even resembles a mic. The closest thing I saw was a tiny dimple that looked sort of like it was part of a cover, but no thru-hole that I could see. The only place I could see a mic possibly being would be behind the grill under the battery compartment. But, that is not covered up by the phone skin I'm using (rubberized Body Glove). I did try using a dremel to relieve the cut out in the BG skin to make the mouthpiece hole not be obstructed at all, but no change.
  18. cosmonaut

cosmonaut New Member

Are you sure your problem isn't a app of some sort? Maybe it was just the app was using to much memory. I did have a bad call today but I was in a bad location.
  19. JW Johnson

JW Johnson New Member

Greetings,

I have experienced this issue over the last four months. I have had five (yes that is 5) Motorola Droid phones, all have had the same issue, muffled sound on other user end, echo and static on my end, etc. Verizon could not resolve the issue and replaced my phone last week with the HTC Incredible. Ha, now I have signal issues, frequently dropped calls, no signal or 3g connection. I am starting to believe this is an operating system issue. I have never experienced these problems on my old Moto flip phone and my other two lines have no issues. How chaotic and frustrating this is because I simply love the Droid platform.

Jeff
  20. DaveH

DaveH New Member

Yeah, frustrating is one way to put it. :)

Cosmo: No, it's not an app causing this, it did it on the first call I made to my wife as I walked out of the Verizon store (and with different people on different phones with different networks and in different states). I guess I didn't want to admit then that my amazing new high tech phone device had any real flaws, and I figured it was probably a settings issue or something at that point. Maybe I should have just been truthful with myself and sent it back. I'm still hoping someone will come up with a fix for it.
Search tags for this page

having problems with clarity of my voice when speaking into my iphone 4 during regular phone calls

voice clarity issue on android

voice clarity setting

where is voice clarity setting on android