Any upstate NY folks here?

sam5828

Reaction score
well im from ohio but lived in Castleton VT worked in Selkirk and have a buddy that lives in watertown and rode sleds on the hill and go to water cross races at flat rock, have a buddy that races.... that should about cover it lol

92SHO16

Reaction score
Liverpool here... suburb of Syracuse! But only for another 4 months or so, then its off to Atlanta!!

Liverpool is actually where im from and live while not at school.

Well ok what would you call it? I have lived here all my life and everyone around here calls it upstate NY.....So....:icon_ nana:...lol....

I'm just poking fun, bugs me when the city folk call this upstate. Since im from CNY i consider from watertown up to canton/potsdam upstate. I guess its all relative but really come on broome county is like 15 minutes from Pennsylvania.

NYLC

Reaction score
Elmira here. Did alot of traveling in the military so when anyone ever asked where I was from I would say "upstate new york". Whenever you say that you're from New York to someone that isn't from there they usually assume you mean the city. I have alot of fun with these people. I usually tell them it was rough growing up in Harlem! :)

According to wikipedia, Upstate New York has no definitive boundary line but usually anything north of the city is considered "Upstate".... Upstate New York - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

pyro6128

Reaction score
I went to SUNY binghamton. I would absolutely consider broome county and binghamton upstate new york. Then again I'm from nyc, but i stand by my statement.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
I went to SUNY binghamton. I would absolutely consider broome county and binghamton upstate new york. Then again I'm from nyc, but i stand by my statement.

It is funny the difference of opinions regarding this. I didn't originally reply to this thread because I had a feeling I knew what the OP meant by "upstate". I had a house in Peekskill and now live in Mamaroneck about 10 mins outside NYC (both Westchester County) yet friends from Brooklyn and Manhattan still say I live upstate.

To the OP, sorry I don't use Gtalk. I've been meaning to look in to it.

orangepeel

Reaction score
I'm up in Central NYS, Utica Area. :)

I lived in Utica and Marcy for nearly a year back in the 90's.... I was helping build a new (then) Wal-Mart distribution warehouse in the Marcy area.

Being from the south,I almost froze that winter. :)

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Southern Tier checking in. Out in the woods, outside of Jamestown. I can be found anywhere west of an imaginary line drawn from Waterloo to Elmira, on any given night.

Last edited:

beeray

Reaction score
I'm from Rockland County. That's right over the TZ bridge.

Beeray