Any truth to this rumor?

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
:D

How long has this rumor been going around? I found references back to 2007 ;)

kristoff125

Reaction score
Funny he says they won't need to make any phones, but they did, and it helped a lot.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me, down the line, to see Google buy T-Mobile. Esp. since T-Mobile has said that for the right price, they would sell.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah....now what Martin said probably WILL happen.....I would almost bet money on it

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
^+ to both the above (about T-Mobile)... but Apple, that's a bit far fetched and someones been smoking some REALLY good stuff (and they need to share:icon_ devil:)... Google doesn't have the capital and I doubt they could even raise enough if they tried. Not to mention there's NO way Jobs (or whomever the major share-holders are) would ever sell.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hypothetical.

Google establishes Android further, buys T-Mobile, and then offers 'free' phones to all customers. Location based advertising pays for the phones. So you get a free phone, but it places advertisements to you based on your location.

kristoff125

Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me, down the line, to see Google buy T-Mobile. Esp. since T-Mobile has said that for the right price, they would sell.

They would, within a few years become the best service available, beat out verizon's coverage and sprints speed.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not to mention Google is already working toward their high speed internet, Google Voice is already rolling... they've got a lot going on. Just seems the natural progression of things to buy out a communications company, such as T-Mobile.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hypothetical.

Google establishes Android further, buys T-Mobile, and then offers 'free' phones to all customers. Location based advertising pays for the phones. So you get a free phone, but it places advertisements to you based on your location.

LOL, now THIS is def possible (and Google's wet-dream I'm sure:icon_ banana:)... lol, and to think people are paranoid about the little bit of data leaked from Buzz... lol, wait till they learn Google is tracking their every move :rofl3: