Any true car docks available yet?

skytbest

Reaction score
I'm looking for a car dock much like this one that has a built in connector to plug the phone into and will put it into car mode. I cannot find one for the S3, does anyone know if they exist yet or if there will be one soon??

OP
S

skytbest

Reaction score
Cool, I've been reading that in a couple places. Do you have one? Can anyone who has one and has tried with an S3 confirm this?

Thanks!

medic2pa

Reaction score
Thanks for the link and info. Just ordered mine. Does your car have bluetooth built in, and if so, do you still have to toggle/unplug the audio cable to have the bluetooth call go through your vehicle's speakers?

TeeX

Reaction score
I've had my Infuse dock for three days, and I have to say it's absolutely perfect! The S3 snaps in tight and doesn't wiggle at all, and the power/audio slider jacks in perfectly like the dock was made for the S3. The phone also pops out without any issues, I can put the dock in and take it out with one hand if I need to but it's very secure.

highly recommend.

Jake Benson

Reaction score
Check out proclips. They are expensive but the best car docks I have seen. They do not sit on the dashboard or stick to your window. They are custom made for your particular phone and car model. They clip into the dash somewhere, depending on your car. You can get them with or without charging capacity. You can also get them so that they are hardwired into your dash so no visible wires. Google Proclip USA.

Last edited:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Verizon now has a semiofficial true car dock for the S3 available on their website.
$39.99 and it does not look bad.
Of course I got the notice for it today after I received my iottie car did that I got due to sick of waiting for an official one.
It's an ibolt. Looked sharp activates features and such with built in charging.
Its listed under charging.

Here's a link to the iBolt dock on Verizon's website. It doesn't look half-bad. It even claims to work with an Otterbox case (I would guess they mean the Commuter). I wish it docked to the microUSB connector just by placing in the dock instead of having to insert the connector after placing it in the dock, but I guess we can't always have everything that we want.

The good thing about the dock is that, in addition to starting car mode automatically, it outputs audio through the microUSB connection and then splits it out to an auxiliary line. This should prevent any problems with echos while on the phone in the car that some people have had by connecting the phone directly with an auxiliary cable. Here's a good shot from this website of the cable it comes with, which is similar the the awesome cable I had with the OEM dock for the RAZR MAXX:

View attachment 54394

Here's a pretty good video overview of the dock as well:

[video=youtube;HL5VYiiiTfs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL5VYiiiTfs[/video]

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's looking better and better the more I look at it. Thanks for the extra info.
$50 for a car dock that I can never use again with any other phone, no thank you. Plus in NY state and in most states, you can not attach anything to the window of your car that will interfere with your visibility of the road "which I think is a good idea"

Last edited:

rlfitz

Reaction score
Proclip makes the best phone mounts by far. Just got the hardwired charging mount for my S3. it is a bit expensive. But hey all good things are. I have had a proclip for my motorola droid, and htc thunderbolt. They really are awesome. I first got the suction cup mount for my thunderbolt. Half the price of my proclip for it. The suction cup always fell off the windshield every time it was either hot or cold outside. So if you want your new S3 bouncing around your dash then a suction cup mount is for you. You get what you pay for..

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I have been using the Mountek CD car mount for about a month now, and it works great for me. I am actually able to slide it into a groove above the CD player i my car, so it doesn't affect my ability to play cds at all. In my wifes car i have to use the cd slot, which works fine also. Also it will fit just about any phone with or without a case on it. I have the S-line case on my GS3, and my wife has a Rezound. It is nice to be able to set either phone in the mount and use the Navigation function. The mount also rotates sideways for landscape view. No more suction cup marks on the windshield, or broken clips in the AC vents.