Any themes for "older" eyes?

amajamar

Reaction score
There are many things about ICS that are definate improvements over older Android versions, however, readability isn't necessarily one of those. While ICS looks "cool" in general to me, I am really having a hard time seeing some stuff. Most all the color schemes are dark blue text on black backgrounds and I find it really hard to see. The Notification bar is one of the problems for me. The icons are super small and unless the screen is on full brightness, I really can't see them.

Are there any settings, themes or ROMS that improve readability for my "older" eyes?

Thanks in advance!

turdbogls

Reaction score
there are a few themes out there that use simple black and white (white icons on black background) not sure they are on this forum, but they are at rootzwiki.com for sure (sorry due to forum rules i cannot link to that site)
there are also some settings in accessbility and display to get the text larger (under the system settings)
and finally, you can up the DPI of the screen to give everything a much larger appearance....however this will probably mess with your market and WILL mess with the ability for you to download apps (market will say it is not compatible with your device)

also, there are ROM's out there (pretty much every one i have come across) that will let you change the clock text color to anything you want.

OP
A

amajamar

Reaction score
there are a few themes out there that use simple black and white (white icons on black background) not sure they are on this forum, but they are at rootzwiki.com for sure (sorry due to forum rules i cannot link to that site)
there are also some settings in accessbility and display to get the text larger (under the system settings)
and finally, you can up the DPI of the screen to give everything a much larger appearance....however this will probably mess with your market and WILL mess with the ability for you to download apps (market will say it is not compatible with your device)

also, there are ROM's out there (pretty much every one i have come across) that will let you change the clock text color to anything you want.

One of the things that would be helpful is making the Notification Bar a little larger. Any ROM's you know of do that?