Any talk about a Droid 5 coming out?

djspy

Reaction score
That looks like something they were working on last year. The camara is the old Motorola camera. The soft keys are the old ones that launched with the RAZR HD series (which changed to the stock jellybean soft keys once the jellybean update hit.) Plus, they are now using the capacitive keys again. It looks good but, I think it was meant for last year and it was scrapped.

rongotti

Reaction score
Ehhhhh do a google search for Motorola Droid 5, like 10 different articles come up all dated this week. I think this could be real

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

djspy

Reaction score
I know these news are new. I'm taking about the device itself. Someone over at Motorola could very well be very bored and thought it would be funny to "leak" pictures from a phone that was scrapped last year. Did you actually read my post?

Carol_in_FL

Reaction score
Here is another link showing a possible Droid 5 -- Did the Motorola DROID 5 Just Make Its First Appearance? ? Droid Life ( I got this from the "What's next for us?" thread which has the same subject as this thread.) I hope that this Droid 5 is a real prediction and that it will be able to compete with some of the new phones coming out from Samsung -- e.g. SG4 and Note 3. My Droid 3 is not going to last much longer.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
I made post on motorola since feb of this as colombiakid89
Suggested the idea and now have 50 comments. Glad moto listen from leak it look like razr hd with keyboard and the edge to edge built quality.

Team DROID

jmagi

Reaction score
dude this is the best thing i could pick up my droid and see flash across my status bar. im game.. hope it carries some mean specs. looks official to me.

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

R2D|2OID

Reaction score
News of the year! This is awesome. Hopefully it does get released on VZW. Its clearly the keyboard version of the RAZR M.. which was released right around one year ago. Why do they have to delay the QWERTY DROID line after the RAZRs? The DROID4 was obsolete on launch date, just like this will be.

rongotti

Reaction score
I know these news are new. I'm taking about the device itself. Someone over at Motorola could very well be very bored and thought it would be funny to "leak" pictures from a phone that was scrapped last year. Did you actually read my post?

Yes I read your post, and I also think it is a beta and the os will OBVIOUSLY be updated prior to launch.....duh!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

R2D|2OID

Reaction score
Its running ICS because thats what the M/HD line had on release. This phone has been sitting in a Verizon warehouse for the last year collecting dust while we are all ready to throw money at them for it!

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
Well , Motorola better put better specs then photon q or no money for them.

Team DROID

Last edited:

gossipninja

Reaction score
Its running ICS because thats what the M/HD line had on release. This phone has been sitting in a Verizon warehouse for the last year collecting dust while we are all ready to throw money at them for it!

My worry with the D5 (and we won't know until more specs leak) is that is was a razrM qwerty and due to Moto/Google decision to focus on fewer phones, it was just a prototype and was never built out or worse is an old standby being introduced to cater to use hw keyboarders.

an ultra MAXX with keyboard and microsd/hdmi would be amazing. I wouldn't even care about the "shift-tab" keyboard stupidity with "always listening" mode.

jmagi

Reaction score

i dont mind ics at all. hope they release it on ics with optional jellybean upgrade for those that want it. unlocked bootloader so we can toy around with reworked partition sizes etc.

R2D|2OID

Reaction score
The chance that this will be released with unencrypted bootloader are 0.00%

jmagi

Reaction score
The chance that this will be released with unencrypted bootloader are 0.00%

actually.. motorola said all their fones will have unlockable bootloaders from now on. this has the potential to be a super developer device. cant wait!