Any talk about a Droid 5 coming out?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 4' started by Erikbal, Jun 7, 2013.

1. MegatronJE

MegatronJE New Member

hello everybody i am new here to this site i spoke to a guy at verizon and he told me that there will be no driod 5 the driod 4 is the last of the keyborad phones
  2. kwyrt

kwyrt New Member

I've heard VZ guys say a lot of s**t that is wrong because they think they know what they're talking about. Not that it would surprise me if the D4 is the last Motorola keyboard phone, but I'd take anything a verizon store employee says with a large grain of salt.

Droid 4 - Avatar
  3. silverfang77

silverfang77 Member

That would seriously suck. Some of us like our keyboard phones.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk!
  4. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

Your Verizon floor rep/salesman isn't exactly a reputable source. They're usually the last to know things or at least told to act like it.
  5. Shelly79

Shelly79 New Member

A simple yes or no answer directly from motorola or verizon would help.. just so we don't waste our money on something we don't want. when we can wait a few more months on something we do want. has anyone asked them directly. we don't need specs or information just a simple "yes, there will be another phone with a qwerty."
  6. MegatronJE

MegatronJE New Member

i enjoyed my driod 4 when i had it if there is a driod 5 i hope motorola gets away from the built in battery thats why i dont have a driod 4 any more
  7. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

Even a simple question like that would make Moto give you the run around.

I mean take the Galaxy Nexus debacle 2yrs ago. Those who were interested in the phone KNEW the device was coming out months prior to any official word from Verizon. Heck, they didn't even give an official release date to the public until like a week or two before the release. I asked about 4 different Verizon reps and a few Samsung reps and all their answers were pretty much "you'll have to wait and see". Verizon and Samsung played dumb while there were already leaked pics from reputable sources of a Nexus stock in the back of a few Verizon stores.
  8. jmagi

jmagi New Member

check this out guys.. i mean.. ohhh myyy Gawwwddd!!! look at this design. it's perfect!! the keyboard casing also acts as a protective shell for the device. I want this with higher specs in a slightly larger form factor on android. love the detachable design.

View attachment 64571

rest of photos here: D620 Otter kayboard,Transformers,QWERTY full keyboard,gravity sensor,voice king,leather,3.0-inch screen,dual sim dual_MOBILE PHONE_Wholesale Android mobile Android tablets by cheap price in FCT - $132.00

i am going to be contacting chinese manufacturers about the possibility of creating a high spec qwerty device like this. they're already creating quad core S4 clones with as much as 2gb Ram.

Jiayu G4 MTK6589 Quad Core - $229.00

im making a request for them to create a high spec qwerty slider/laptop phone. and of course, the more of us request it, the higher likelihood of them actually making it. these chinese companies actually respond to user requests and not tell the user what they should want. as ive seen over the years requests do get made. it's like manufacturing these things is so easy for them. all the factories are in china anyway. so guys, if motorola is going to ditch the qwerty fan base, we might have other options, if we have nothing against chinese made goods that is.. oh everything is made in china..lol
  9. jmagi

jmagi New Member

Good news to those interested. received a response from them already! they are looking into it. quadcore, 2gb ram, 13mp camera and qwerty. easy like that. we can fine tune the requests later in terms of the dream device features and specs. but for now ill be just happy with a higher spec. wished id been in more detail with my request. but i basically requested to have their s4 clone specs with a slide out qwerty added. dual sim should also be available once the model is released.

just as last time theyve told me they are looking into it and stay tuned to the site for it's release. no time frame yet, but i would estimate 1-2 months to be positively optimistic.

i even provided them a photo of the droid 4 so hopefully they will create a case mold similar to it. fingers crossed here. all fones come unlocked. i think developers can really have a field day with china built androids since everything is open to the user and is not locked out in any way.

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
  10. silverfang77

silverfang77 Member

I wouldn't mind that. Can they be easily imported? Would using one be as simple as slipping my Droid 4's SIM card in?
  11. Shelly79

Shelly79 New Member

I tried hooking up a bluetooth keyboard to my droid razor. the thing that turned me off to is was that we still would have to click the touchscreen keyboard to send the info(enter key). it was still so annyoing to have to keep opening up the touch screen keyboard. it had no up or down button either. anyway if this addition did this then it would be an option once all physical qwerty keyboards dissapeared for good.
  12. jmagi

jmagi New Member

to order just order on the website. it's a reputable site that's been around for a while. ive been using it to monitor the progress of china manufactured clones and tech for years. their android watches were very interesting to me at one point. i may even still get one. and yes all their gsm fones will accept standard worldwide gsm simcards as with any global phone.

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
  13. RaceRev

RaceRev New Member

Droid 5

I am with you, I want my Keyboard, and I am willing to wait, however it would be nice if they let their existing customers (who like their phones with Keyboards now) that they are at least working on something. I started with a Droid 1 and now I have a 4. I guess I will keep it until the Lord calls me home. RaceRev.
  14. BOBD1950

BOBD1950 New Member

VZW & MOTO MUST STILL HAVE THE DEMAND. Still there....For upgrade>> Set Your Location Since 2-10 2012
  15. rongotti

rongotti Member

16. djspy

djspy Member

That looks like something they were working on last year. The camara is the old Motorola camera. The soft keys are the old ones that launched with the RAZR HD series (which changed to the stock jellybean soft keys once the jellybean update hit.) Plus, they are now using the capacitive keys again. It looks good but, I think it was meant for last year and it was scrapped.
  17. rongotti

rongotti Member

Ehhhhh do a google search for Motorola Droid 5, like 10 different articles come up all dated this week. I think this could be real

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
  18. djspy

djspy Member

I know these news are new. I'm taking about the device itself. Someone over at Motorola could very well be very bored and thought it would be funny to "leak" pictures from a phone that was scrapped last year. Did you actually read my post?
  19. djspy

djspy Member

20. Carol_in_FL

Carol_in_FL New Member

Here is another link showing a possible Droid 5 -- Did the Motorola DROID 5 Just Make Its First Appearance? ? Droid Life ( I got this from the "What's next for us?" thread which has the same subject as this thread.) I hope that this Droid 5 is a real prediction and that it will be able to compete with some of the new phones coming out from Samsung -- e.g. SG4 and Note 3. My Droid 3 is not going to last much longer.
Search tags for this page

droid 5

droid 5 release

droid 5 release date

droid 5 rumors
droid5
motorola droid 5
motorola droid 5 release date
motorola droid 5 rumors
when is droid 5 coming out
when is the droid 5 coming out
will there be a droid 5