Any talk about a Droid 5 coming out?

GonzaloMadrid

Reaction score
I really hope this will lead to a keyboard renaissance.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk!

I hope that too. Non KB phones are nearly useless for something different to look movies and web pages (if you dont have to type anything in them of course). What probably will be awesome is a Note 3 with a clamshell or slide keyboard. I dream on it.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

RaceRev

Reaction score
I can't believe it! I just went over to the Dark Side and ordered a Galaxy Note 3 from Verizon's website. I just went to the upgrade area to see what it would cost and I was able to pre-order one for $299 +30 upgrade but I got to keep my existing unlimited data plan so I went for it. Hope I'm able to type on the virtual keyboard -- but I think it'll be good because of the screen size and the stylus. Wish me luck! I really wanted to wait for the Droid 5, but with the Note 3 specs, this deal was too good to pass up.
Carol in FL, RIP

GonzaloMadrid

Reaction score
I'll never understand why so many new features and specs but forget the most important and basical one: a phisical qwerty landscape Keyboard with at least 5 rows.

Shelly79

Reaction score
Shelly79 - Amen, but do they listen? My wife has another brand with a slider keyboard and uses the touch screen (because she doesn't have time to slide it out???) however she complains alot about the small screen that she can't see what she is doing, and that corrections are so hard to make, I will take her phone, slide out the keyboard, turn it sideways and walla she can see and use back arrows to make corrections. she says, "I guess that is better, I just get in a hurry". But is being in a hurry worth the frustration of a screen keyboard, when it takes less than one second to slide out the keyboard? To each their own, however I want my slider keyboard and a phone with great spec's.

Thats the beauty of the slider phone... you have the option to do both. I guess if you want to save that milisecond of time then that is up to her. LOL. I will not judge for that complaint. :)

Siouxsie

Reaction score
Jumpin in w/my 2 cents here.
My wish list would include the keyboard of my beloved D3(2 years old and still going strong albeit a bit slower), specs somewhere's near the HTC One or Moto X, along with the gorilla glass, same solid body as my D3 and camera close to the Lumia 1020.
And I do realize this is a pipe dream so no need to comment on it.
But rather than them telling us what we will accept take it or leave it :-/
wouldn't it be nice if there were a survey taken by the manufacturers as to what we the customer Want in a device?
Again I do know this is all a dream.

Sent from somewhere down the rabbit hole.

GonzaloMadrid

Reaction score
Dont you think that clamshell Keyboards are even Better than sliders?

RaceRev

Reaction score
Jumpin in w/my 2 cents here.
My wish list would include the keyboard of my beloved D3(2 years old and still going strong albeit a bit slower), specs somewhere's near the HTC One or Moto X, along with the gorilla glass, same solid body as my D3 and camera close to the Lumia 1020.
And I do realize this is a pipe dream so no need to comment on it.
But rather than them telling us what we will accept take it or leave it :-/
wouldn't it be nice if there were a survey taken by the manufacturers as to what we the customer Want in a device?
Again I do know this is all a dream.

I know I have the same dream.

Siouxsie

Reaction score
So many have the keyboard dream, then the manufacturers insert Their "Kick".
I guess we dreamers don't make up enough of a bottom line to warrant their consideration.
>:-(

shanook

Reaction score
So many have the keyboard dream, then the manufacturers insert Their "Kick".
I guess we dreamers don't make up enough of a bottom line to warrant their consideration.
>:-(

Hi there, I'm just commenting here and letting everyone know that the d5 dream expectations is what everyone is dreaming of.

The point of making a new phone is to make it better and to attract people towards using it. It's pointless to make a d5 with the same specs as the d4.

Having an upgraded camera would be pretty awesome. Us keyboard users don't take vertical photos. So having a better camera would result in more landscape style photos. With sexy quality.

GonzaloMadrid

Reaction score
Thats the beauty of the slider phone... you have the option to do both. I guess if you want to save that milisecond of time then that is up to her. LOL. I will not judge for that complaint. :)

Its funny. Save milisecond and spoil minutes typing/correcting/typing in a third wold screen keyboard.

A

GonzaloMadrid

Reaction score
Not me.. i like the full keyboard and the big screen on front.

And why the big full screen should not be in front of you when oppening the device? For the closed mode an only numeric keyboard and a "non touchable screen" would be desirable (to make and answer phonecalls).

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
And why the big full screen should not be in front of you when oppening the device? For the closed mode an only numeric keyboard and a "non touchable screen" would be desirable (to make and answer phonecalls).

Whta is a clamshell? Flip fone? If so, I prefer slider.

Shelly79

Reaction score
Whta is a clamshell? Flip fone? If so, I prefer slider.

Exactly, im talking slider like the Droid 3 I used to have. the screen is always viewable when typing on the keyboard and no virtual keyboard taking 80% of the screen.