Any speculation about whether the processor will be able to operate the 2.1 w/Sense a

blackdognorth

Reaction score
...adequately?
In other words, we're all looking forward to 2.1 on the Eris, but will this put more demand on the processor and slow things down? Folks with enough knowledge of the hardware and software may be able to have some intelligent guesses?

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am by no means an Android expert, but I didn't think the requirements are all that different between 1.5 and 2.0/2.1.

flspnr

Reaction score
...adequately?
In other words, we're all looking forward to 2.1 on the Eris, but will this put more demand on the processor and slow things down? Folks with enough knowledge of the hardware and software may be able to have some intelligent guesses?

From what I've heard (this forum and other keeping up with the various 2.x threads) it's supposed to work better - 2.x will use the resources the phone has better, and it is very capable of running on the Eris. Nut sure if what I have read is speculation or actual fact, but I don't think they would put something on the phone that would make it worse. If they were worried about it messing up, I don't think they'd give it to us.

Just my best guess.

tperson1

Reaction score
They wanna make sure the HTC UI will work properly. Dont want to rush it and then there be a lot of **** wrong with it. We are for sure getting an update though. Im not exactly sure what OS but it will be 2.0 or 2.1

izu516

Reaction score
No, it should not put a strain on the processor. This also has to do with the reason that different Android phones receive updates at different times (besides enhancements like Sense, MotoBlur, TouchWiz, etc.) Each Android update is custom-tailored by both the manufacturer and the intended carrier (unless unlocked). Therefore, Android's resource management will be adjusted for use on the Droid Eris and you shouldn't see anything worse than what you have now. Actually, it should get better.