1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Any solution to dust Under SCREEN!!

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by NYZ93, Feb 7, 2010.

1. NYZ93

NYZ93 New Member

I have dust under my screen:mad: its VERY annoying:icon_cussing:
    so i wanted to know if anyone else has this F'n problem:icon_evil: and what you did about it
  2. spazma7ik

spazma7ik New Member

Unfortunately, none that I know of.

I too had dust under my screen, so a day or two before my 30 Days I took it to verizon for an exchange for a new one, and the guy told me that this is cosmetic damage, and not manufacturer error, so he could give me a Like New model.

I kindly told him, **** that. I went off telling him how this is most definitely a manufacturer default, dust should never be able to get UNDER the screen, because that's impossible to clean and it's basically like I had 5 dead pixels, cause I couldn't see them! Now before I get *****ed at for complaining after he offered a refurb, the damn refurb looked TERRIBLE. There were around 4 paint chips and the bezel around the scree was terribly scratched up.

Anyhow, I got the rep to agree and give me a brand new one, but he said he's going to note my account that I couldn't exchange for a new one if it was due to dust under the screen, fine with me, my 30 days was up in 2 days.

But I have yet to have the problem repeat, so I'm guessing maybe there are a lot of bad phones without proper sealing, so I would say exchange it, especially if you're in your 30 days.
  3. NYZ93

NYZ93 New Member

Sadly im not within my 30 days:mad:
  4. roflcopters

roflcopters New Member

I had to give them a call. After a bit of going back and forth I convinced the rep to give me another one. Now, it's hit or miss whether you get a new one or refurb since they have been out a while. I was lucky enough to get a new one.