Any ROMs for the Pro?

Russki

Reaction score
Ok so i got my fiance a Pro, and we've rooted it successfully.

Now, im trying to put a custom ROM on it - do i need to bootstrap, and install a .zip from clockwork? Also, which ROMs are compatible with the pro (if any).

I myself have a D2G, and have rooted ROMed, ADW'd, and OC'd the thing successfully. Isnt the Pro the same system with same processor slightly different hardware?

Advice would be greatly appreciated!

MNk1ng

Reaction score
Z4root works for rooting, I've booted into recovery with the D2 bootstrap from Koush. No roms yet ones in the works though from AngDroid

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

flash24

Reaction score
Fission should be available soon...we just have to wait I guess.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

OP
R

Russki

Reaction score
Ok so i attempted to install fission on the Pro...

Its not ready yet. Angdroid is getting his hands on a DP soon from what i read, and until then i wouldn't recommended anyone to flash this ROM just yet, unless u wanna be a beta tester. There are ALOT of bugs to work out.

Edit: alot of the issues are resolution related, since the DP has a 3.1 inch screen, some other things we're noticing are glitches with browser, market, and some visual stuff such as unlock graphics, and notification tray

Last edited:

google123

Reaction score
Russki, did you try changing the LCD density setting in the build.prop file located in /system??? Reason I ask is because you mentioned res related problems. The Pro's default factory ROM density setting is 160. I have use others like 130 and have settled on 120 which increases the real estate available on the screen by making everything smaller. Maybe try different settings. Just an idea of course.

Droidpr0

Reaction score
already flashed fission. how do i beta test it?

Droidpr0

Reaction score
currently testing fission rc1. Would deffantly like to see some Roms hit the Droid PRO. This ROM doesnt show you have service. ( it gives you a small blue triangle ) so you cant get on web or update anything that needs a connection. It also only has 5 home screens instead of its stock 7 for the PRO. no system update at all, stock i have a better system update then the fission ROM. smooth but not to snazzy to pick over stock as of right now. Best bet is to wait for actual droid pro roms to be released!

Droidpr0

Reaction score
same as I but if we gotta wait for a stable Droid pro release then so be it!