Any risks staying out of contract?

Sal R.

Reaction score
We currently have an old voice and unlimited data plan our phones.

Are there any risks to staying out of contract?

I've been buying up used phones out of contract for my wife and myself and with the recent changes to data w/ caps and prices, are there risks that we'd lose our unlimited data or forced into a new, more expensive voice plan since we're out of contract?

TIA!

Last edited:

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Although I have not heard of Verizon changing things for people out of contract, it is possible that they could and starting a new 2 year contract would at least lock you in for another 2 years. My wife and I have been out of contract many times for even over a year and they have never taken away our old 500 minute family plan. I don't think that being out of contract will hurt you, but if Verizon were to suddenly change the way they have been handling grandfathered plans then it could.

stead2120

Reaction score
I've been out of my contract for about a year now, and I still have unlimited data and all of that stuff. I will eventually sign a new contract, just due to the fact that I feel Verizon is the best Cell Phone Provider in my area.

steveil

Reaction score
Right now you are OK with the unlimited data. They might want to do something with your minutes plan. Seem like the minimum plan was more minutes that I wanted used when I resigned up 2 + years ago. Recently bought a new phone when off contract with no new changes