Any reason not to get the Verizon case?

Discussion in 'Droid X Accessories' started by Warner, Jul 15, 2010.

1. 96p993

96p993 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I came from the Iphone world as well, wondering who the big players are in the case world for the Droid. I know when I had my Iphone the otterbox and speck were the big players...Who do most turn to for Droid cases?

2. jacksonj51

jacksonj51 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    To the OP....

Cause its a rip off???!!!

Just got mine off ebay... $6 all in and its better than my buddies verizon case

Yes its a swivel for portrait and landscape

3. johnomaz

johnomaz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +775
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel 2XL
    I doubt the verizon one will be s bad case. Just more expensive then one you can get elsewhere. Plus if you get a verizon case and it damages your phone, verizon will cover it.

Sent from my DroidX via Tapatalk (

4. Parasol

Parasol New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I actually exchanged the case I talked about for the verizon leather case being discussed in this topic.

What I do notice is that there's less fluff in my pants pocket, but there's something on my belt. It feels much easier to access the phone, but feels a bit insecure. If I can access it easily, maybe someone can steal it just as easily when I'm occupied with something else. I'm still getting used to it.

One thing I notice about holster cases is that when you go to the restroom, you really need to pay attention, because if you unbuckle your belt, it will come loose and will probably drop in the wrong places, if you know what I mean.

But for the case itself, it's actually not that thick as I thought. The leather on the outside is soft and the inside has a fur-like fabric. After having it for more than 1 week, the quality seems to be very good. I looked at it before I bought it, and now after a week of owning it, there are no loose stitchings.

Looks like I was right, my opinion would have changed.

#16 Parasol, Jul 25, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  5. jtdiddy

jtdiddy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I stopped using belt clips all together cause I always seem to miss my clip or put the phone in it incorrectly and out drops to the ground.

Just picked the black hard rubber case with the graphite design from the vzw store and its pretty good. Not to bulky, protects the corners, easy to put on and take off and relatively cheap ($14.99). Combine this with my steinhill ultra crystal protector and I'm good to go.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

6. stargazin

stargazin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the verizon leather case and I'm not to impressed with it. Mainly the clip is not long enough and does not stay on the belt. I like the way the blackberry holster clips are, with the lip at the bottom of the clip that holds onto the belt.

7. garath

garath Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm. That's too bad. I really like my storm leather holster. It's VERY secure on my belt. I've even left it on my belt on my motorcycle and never had an issue.

Will have to see when I get it.

8. Droiduga

Droiduga Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The nicest cases I have seen are by Piel Frama. I got one of theirs for my ipod and it has protected it and looks great too. They have not come out with a case for the Droid X yet, but I am sure they will. Worth the wait.

Motorola Droid cases PIEL FRAMA

9. stargazin

stargazin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It is droid x case from verizon that of don't care for. It's the BB cases that I like. I had the Otter Box case for my 8330, but with those it is a pain to use the dock or cradle. I would like a waterproof case for mine because I work outside, but need the GPS functionality got my routes, so that would hinder the use of the windshield mount.

10. grimbergen

grimbergen New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The iphone uses the same gorilla glass as the droid so I guess that makes the X a POS also...

11. garath

garath Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I like the leather holster from Verizon. It's very good quality. Holds the phone securely. It's bigger than my old storm holster but it's tolerable. I do wish it had the little hook at the end of the belt clip like the storm holster but it seems attached to my belt pretty well regardless.